• ...and so much more!
  • 1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Anyone else considering selling some surplus during the rush? I've got an old matching Mosin I haven't shot in years and several hundred rounds I'm considering selling.
    Didn't know if I'd regret it later.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I’ve been looking for some things to trade to get a couple setups to where I want them, and ultimately could use them being completed during this craziness. Like the finishing touches on an AR for the house so I can keep my patrol rifle for work and my wife has one for when I’m gone :)

I see this as the perfect time to help each other out. It’s better to move the stuff that you have just laying around to someone who could use it rather than it just taking up space.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I’ve been looking for some things to trade to get a couple setups to where I want them, and ultimately could use them being completed during this craziness. Like the finishing touches on an AR for the house so I can keep my patrol rifle for work and my wife has one for when I’m gone :)

I see this as the perfect time to help each other out. It’s better to move the stuff that you have just laying around to someone who could use it rather than it just taking up space.
    Kinda what I was thinking. I got the Mosin/ammo as a prepper-esque rifle. I've since accumulated several others.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Anyone else considering selling some surplus during the rush? I've got an old matching Mosin I haven't shot in years and several hundred rounds I'm considering selling.
    Didn't know if I'd regret it later.

It's a Mosin, that you haven't shot in years. Sounds like you won't regret selling it.

Mosin-Nagants are big, heavy, shoot heavy ammo, have poor capacity, accuracy is almost never better than "decent"... It's really not a "prepper" gun, they were just bought by preppers because they were cheap.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Im only listing on here during this situation. Armslist is full of profiteering. Nothing highlights the lapses in your prep quite like a situation like this. Still believe in fair deals even in crazy times.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Yes, if you don't need it or want it, someone else on here might.

For instance, decided a couple of weeks ago to start looking at moving out of my 12 guage and into a handgun or AR. Sold the shotty + 450+ rounds of ammo, bought a S&W MP9. Had a little trouble finding 9mm, but the gun store here in Fortville just got some in, so that's taken care of. Ordered a holster and more ammo online, should be here next week.

If I wanted to be a profiteer, I could have hung onto the shotgun ammo and set up near Cabelas today with a big sign.

sngehl01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2018
    Elizabeth
    I wouldn't let the current situation determine whether or not I was willing to sell part of the armory. If it was on the chopping block before this I would have considered how needed it would be in times like this. I wouldn't necessarily be looking to rake in money hand over fist on profits, just be glad it may be an easier move than it would have been otherwise.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Not selling anything right now. I'm actually looking at buying. Still trying to decide how to go about getting into the red dot game. Have existing pistol milled? Buy a second one and get it milled? I have it narrowed down to one of two dots, so at least I'm making forward progress on my decision.:)

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Not selling anything right now. I'm actually looking at buying. Still trying to decide how to go about getting into the red dot game. Have existing pistol milled? Buy a second one and get it milled? I have it narrowed down to one of two dots, so at least I'm making forward progress on my decision.:)

What pistol?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    What pistol?

M&P 2.0 Compact. A friend suggested I buy another one anyway. The whole "one is none and two is one" philosophy. I'm not 100% in agreement being a minimalist, but if I do that and I end up not liking it, at least I could sell it and still have my unmolested iron sight pistol.

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    I posed two redundant pistols on here that I never shoot and don't need. Figured now is as good as time as any. Increased demand might see more interest, but I don't feel I inflated my opening prices. I realize those who are looking for a firearm might not be equipped to find them on here, but I don't want mess with other options of selling at this time.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    M&P 2.0 Compact. A friend suggested I buy another one anyway. The whole "one is none and two is one" philosophy. I'm not 100% in agreement being a minimalist, but if I do that and I end up not liking it, at least I could sell it and still have my unmolested iron sight pistol.

2.0 is one of my favorite pistols. I wish they were out before I went so deep into glocks. Sometimes Faxon complete slides go on sale if you want 2 uppers. I just went with a fiber sight up front on my 2.0 45. The apex duty and carry action kit is a way better upgrade than an rmr.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I posed two redundant pistols on here that I never shoot and don't need. Figured now is as good as time as any. Increased demand might see more interest, but I don't feel I inflated my opening prices. I realize those who are looking for a firearm might not be equipped to find them on here, but I don't want mess with other options of selling at this time.

That's the right mentality. Fair prices usually don't sell, but things are going as fast as I list them now.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I bought one of the Moisins back when cheap and one or two spam cans of ammo. It has never been out of the house since I bought it.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville

FYI just a quick search, you could probably get just the slide and plates.

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-p...avs|Make~~Model_1=Smith+zzxzz+Wesson__MzzxzzP

nm, misread it, that's not for the compact

Last edited:
    Top Bottom