• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    Just hung up with someone at Jasper Pulaski that said they just found out they are closing the ranges down until further notice. :(

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    Yeah the lady I spoke with said there was nothing on the website to say otherwise but that it was closed. Granted that was just Jasper Pulaski but I assume if one closes then they all are closed.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    As of 9:32 AM Wednesday 3/18, Jasper-Pulaski is shown under the normal business hours as Closed and reopening 8AM Friday. The only other one I looked at, Crosley F&W, is shown as Open. I thought about calling them but decided not to because they are probably buried in phone calls trying to confirm a rumor.

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    I was planning to go to atterbury tomorrow for reloading supplies

Looks like you can still go, you just need to call first. Here is the info from Atterbury:

[h=2]Effective immediately and until further notice, all fish and wildlife ranges are closed. If you have firearms on order or coming in we will give you a call and set up a time you can come pick them up. If you are in need of a firearm or reloading supplies please call 317-979-8491 to schedule an appointment to come in. The doors will be locked and only 1 person allowed in the building at a time. Sorry for any inconvenience. We were just as shocked as you are now.[/h]
    Ron

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Here's an email I received 3-17 from the Winamac DNR manager:

Good morning again Fellas,

We just got word that all DNR state shooting ranges except for Tri-County FWA will re-open tomorrow and resume normal hours of operation. We may be using some sort of one-use material for the benches that can be removed and replenished between shooters to increase sanitary measures. Not sure yet what that will be but probably some sort of plastic shrink wrap or wax paper. Just a heads up and update. I will keep you updated with any new information as I receive it.

Thanks, stay healthy, and have a good day,

Mark106

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2020
    Terre Haute
    Here's the email news released IDNR put out Wednesday:

Indiana Department of Natural Resources
    402 W. Washington St.
    Indianapolis, IN 46204

[FONT=times new roman,times]For immediate release: March 18, 2020[/FONT]

Most Fish & Wildlife Area shooting ranges will reopen March 19
    [FONT=times new roman,times]All DNR Fish & Wildlife Area (FWA) shooting ranges, excluding the one at Tri-County FWA, will resume normal operating hours beginning tomorrow, March 19.

[FONT=times new roman,times]All FWA ranges closed today, March 18, as staff take extra precautions to sanitize facilities amid coronavirus concerns.

[/FONT][FONT=times new roman,times]Tri-County FWA will remain closed until at least March 24.

[/FONT][FONT=times new roman,times]The DNR wants to provide Hoosiers with outdoor activities they can do amid concerns about the coronavirus, and is doing its best to ensure the safest possible environment for visitors to FWAs.

[/FONT][FONT=times new roman,times]For more information on DNR shooting ranges, see on.IN.gov/DNRShootingRanges.

[/FONT][FONT=times new roman,times][FONT=&quot]To view all DNR news releases, please see dnr.IN.gov.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman,times][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom