• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    Looks like there is a new gun shop coming to Seymour. Does anyone know more about it?
    Looks like the name is J and W guns and more.
    Excited to have another store in town.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I've only been to Acme a couple of times. My impression was it's a cramped little store with a pile of unmarked silencers in one case. Last time I was there I couldn't see in two of the cases because the employees had their lunch spread out on them. I had to wait for them to finish eating before I could buy the lower I drove 20 miles for. I know a lot of people like them but my experience has been negative and they don't get a third chance.

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    The new store is JW guns. Looks like a local guy with an FFL trying to start up. I was in there last weekend after the Seymour Pines gun show. Not a lot of inventory. One counter with about 8-10 handguns under glass. Quite a few " cheaper" shotguns in the racks behind the counter. Not much ammo. He does have small area with a couple tables and a vending machine and a coffee pot.

Wasn't impressed.....

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    I went there a last week. Not much inventory, I know guns store are really taking a hit right now.
    I wasn't impressed either.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I'd give the new guy a chance to get going. My best ol' buddy and I used to pass through Seymour on our way down to our hideout in the southern hills a few times a year. More than once one of us has walked into ACME with a pocket full of cash and left either disappointed or flat out pissed off. I stopped giving them another chance over a decade ago. I'm very surprised that they're still in business.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have never had anything but good luck with Acme. I've made several purchases and "deals" with them, and have always been very pleased.

bullitstang1313

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Columbus
    I've done some deals with ACME. Depends on what you are looking for and who you are dealing with it seems. They do a lot of police business, so I don't think individual business is their primary motivator. Sometimes that gets in the way. Hopefully this new place can fill a niche that ACME and Bite the Bullet don't already cover. Otherwise they might have a tough time staying open.

Top Bottom