Will there be a glut of used in guns in the future?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Backpacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood
    Of all the guns purchased in this panic, I'm thinking some of these might be available when things get back to a new normal or when some of those first time purchasers need cash for other things? I'm not one to buy and sell for profit, but there surely are those who will look to make a buck. What do you see happening?

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I was looking for a used G-43 no box as I have an extra Glock box and magazines, good luck finding one now, but not too long ago they showed up here in the classifieds or on Armslist that way.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    It's not likely to be a bunch of S&W revolvers or steel-framed Sig pistols showing up on the used market. It's going to be a bunch of Taurus, Sccy, Hi-point, etc.

Panic buying is almost certainly focused on the very low end of the market.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    It's not likely to be a bunch of S&W revolvers or steel-framed Sig pistols showing up on the used market. It's going to be a bunch of Taurus, Sccy, Hi-point, etc.

Panic buying is almost certainly focused on the very low end of the market.

I dunno man... In the past when this stuff happened one of the first things to sell out were Glocks. I think just because of pop culture fame a lot of people walk in and just buy "a Glock". I've even seen some of the less educated refer to any semi auto as "a Glock".

So... If you're a Glock fan, you may be in luck.

Also, call me nutty, but I wouldn't turn down a $100 Hi Point, or dozen, just to have as a shop gun or whatever. If there's one in the chamber, you've at least got a single shot for $100. :dunno:

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Of all the guns purchased in this panic, I'm thinking some of these might be available when things get back to a new normal or when some of those first time purchasers need cash for other things? I'm not one to buy and sell for profit, but there surely are those who will look to make a buck. What do you see happening?

There was a few months AFTER Sandy Hook.

You can bet there will be another glut of lightly used or non-fired iron for sale.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    One can always hope.

It isn't always panic buyers who don't sell for real-world prices. I tried to buy a barely used OD Green Gen3 G19 from my wife's aunt several months ago. She insisted she wasn't going to lose any $ on it over her purhase price. I sent her several links to what Gen 3 G19s were selling for - and she wouldn't budge. Oh well. She didn't need the cash that badly.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    My LGS said there were a lot of people coming in buying guns they didn't want/need but just buying. I'd say we will see quite a few trickle out. I've had people wanting to buy rifles and all sorts of stuff that have been talking about it awhile and not acting. Suddenly it became urgent :):

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    My guess is same as Sandy Hook panic buys, or Obama 1st term panic buys.

ARs, GLOCKs, magazines, ammo - all the common stuff will be scare or marked up quite a bit, then after it all passes we'll have sub $500 entry-level ARs in the classifieds.

I learned my lesson after Sandy Hook- buy when it's cheap and plentiful, and buy more than you think you need.

STFU

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    As my father used to say: "It is only worth what someone is willing to pay."

I hope there are a lot of used weapons flooding the market in the next 12-18 months. I am happy to buy used weapons...if the price and condition is right for me.
    (66% of my current inventory was purchased as "used.")

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    We can hope that some of these first time buyers will go on to become long time gun owners which will be a plus for all of us.:)

Top Bottom