• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Just a heads-up about a phone call I made to Point Blank headquarters (513.766.0830).

I had asked this question since my monthly membership comes due the 5th of the month.
    Were they not going to deduct it since the range was closed?
    Were they going to prorate it?
    Example: If deducted on the 5th, and the range is closed for 3 weeks (Or 3 months), will they not deduct $$ till the 26th of the month?

The pleasant person on the line with me said the simplest to do was "suspend" my account (they didn't call it "cancel"), and when this is over just go back in and sign up for the monthly membership again.
    They "suspended" it while I was talking with them on the phone.
    If it was going to be only a week or two, I wouldn't have bothered, but there is that unknown factor.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    As a small business owner, I would ask everyone to consider if they can afford to continue to maintain a membership fee.

If you can, it could be critical to them if this lasts longer than expected.

Everyone has their own specific financial circumstances and I don’t blame anyone for not paying for a benefit not received.

Just my two cents...

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Good point, mcapo!

An email I got said that Point Blank was going to give a credit for every day the range was closed (store credit) & a mention of some type of credit toward future range fees.
    I respect them for doing that.

Vic Z

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2019
    Tacoma
    As a small business owner, I would ask everyone to consider if they can afford to continue to maintain a membership fee.

Everyone has their own specific financial circumstances and I don’t blame anyone for not paying for a benefit not received.

Just my two cents...

I like that
    Support the small business if you can.

SNAFU-M1A

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    Morgan Co
    Yes but they aren’t a small business & are 1 of the few that is not only making a profit but is bringing money in hand over fist.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Since it is a State-owned facility, I can understand having to comply with Governor's orders, but closing the range at Atterbury seems like a bit of over-kill. It's out-door. Shooters can certainly be more than six feet apart. Oh, well. Can't find any ammo, anyway. :(

sur+rifle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Warrick, IN
    Please be patient with the range operators. None of them are happy being shut down and many are doing everything possible to get the order modified so ranges can reopen.

Currently the Governor's order is the same for all ranges in Indiana whether they be public, for profit, or non-profit membership run. Except for essential personnel defined under federal law (e.g. DOD contractors and law enforcement) the ranges are to be closed. In fact, even employees are supposed to be sent home (e.g. NMLRA ramge in Friendship Indiana closed the office). Red Brush inquired to the Governor's coronavirus operations office about a recreational exemption for ranges but was turned down. They are treating ranges the same as other sport facilities and clubs like gyms, stadiums, social centers, etc.

And this isnt just Indiana, it is happening in many states. The NSSF is aware of this and is actively lobbying to get ranges added as exempted essential entities to these orders but so far to no avail. Here is a link to their page with up to date status of these executive orders by state:

https://www.nssf.org/covid19/

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'll take it one step further. You are out a handful of cash. These small businesses are out TONS more cash on the back end. Its easier for you to overlook a $20 charge than it is for a small business owner to overlook all those $20s when their payroll depends on it.

So show some grace, accept that we are all in this together, and be willing to take one for the team. If we each "suck it up" on the small scale, our small businesses like this can carry on.

After all, which would you prefer? You lose $20 and still get to shoot when this is all over, or you (and everyone else) keeps that $20 and the range is forced to close, leaving you nowhere to shoot?

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Since it is a State-owned facility, I can understand having to comply with Governor's orders, but closing the range at Atterbury seems like a bit of over-kill. It's out-door. Shooters can certainly be more than six feet apart. Oh, well. Can't find any ammo, anyway. :(
    How long can the virus last on a concrete surface? I'd assume this is the concern.

Pistol boy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Griffith
    Glad I looked here first. I was planing on going to outdoor range tomorrow at JP. Just to get out of the house for a little bit. I guess I didn’t put 2 and 2 together. I agree small businesses need more loyalty now than ever. Stay thirsty my friends.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    How long can the virus last on a concrete surface? I'd assume this is the concern.

I don't think that's the main concern. I think the concern is, as usual, people. People who continue refusing to abide by "social distancing". There are a lot of people who think since they're outdoors it isn't necessary. Boys and girls, it ain't about you. It's about the people you, or I, may infect when we don't even know we're infectious.

Last edited:

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I don't think that's the main concern. I think the concern is, as usual, people. People who continue refusing to abide by "social distancing". There are a lot of people who think since they're outdoors it isn't necessary. Boys and girls, it ain't about you. It's about the people you, or I, may infect when we don't even know we're infectious.

You may be right, this is why we can't have good things: https://www.wthr.com/article/carmel-closes-section-monon-trail-midtown-plaza

Backpacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood
    Point Blank in Carmel and Indy Arms on north Keystone are both open, though on reduced hours.

Shoot Point Blank corporate website states stores are open but ranges are closed (Friday 27MAR2020)

Store Operating Procedures:

• We are temporarily adjusting our retail hours to 12pm - 6pm daily until further notice, and our range operations are currently closed, except for class qualification purposes.. The adjusted hours will provide additional time for associates to restock shelves and perform cleaning.
    • Only 10 customers will be allowed to shop our retail at a time. This is for the safety of our associates and customers and in response to public gathering policies set forth by local, state and federal agencies.
    • Members with questions about their membership can submit inquires here. Member discounts in-store and online at ShootPointBlank.com are still active.
    • For students with scheduled classes outside these hours, access will be granted 15 minutes prior to the scheduled class start time.
    • Store events with larger than normal internal gatherings have been postponed until further notice, such as Vendor Demo Days, Grand Openings, etc.
    • Member Holster Hour sessions have been postponed until further notice.
    • Associates are continually washing their hands, following common sense hygiene rules, and staying home if showing signs of illness, for the prevention of spreading any communicable diseases.

Pistol boy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Griffith
    I went to JP last week. I did like the new white tops on the shooting benches. They were handing out bleach in spray bottles with napkins to clean the bench after you were done. But the range officers are older gentleman and I kept 8 to 10 feet away from them the whole time as they wanted to come closer and talk. I respect the older generation and we all need them. The world would take a turn for the worst without them. :patriot:

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld

Just my two cents...

I agree !!!:yesway:

Top Bottom