• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I have always known they were 'marginal' ammo, but I bought one of those "Bucket O Bullets" in .22 clad hollow points just to go boom.

The first three sounded like magnums while others sounded like they may not have made it out of the barrel. (I checked, they did)

Forget where they hit the paper (if they hit the paper) they all sound different every time you pull the trigger.

They aren't discolored and they aren't even that old, they just plain suck.

Some might think I am just complaining to complain, but that is not the case. It is a 1400 round tub, I shot about 100 and I will give the rest of the bucket to anyone who wants to come get it.

I am all the way south in the state in Crawford County and believe me when I tell you they aren't worth driving far to get them.

I will go off who posts first below so you can get them. You have to write a report on what you think of them is the only stipulation.

Just don't think I am exaggerating...

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    That’s pretty much been my experiences with Golden Bullets. Incredibly poor quality control. Hot rounds, weak rounds and duds rounds all seem to common issues in the same lots.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    OK, in the off chance they are worried about product liability, they might be willing to swap him a bucket if they think its cheaper than a lawsuit or firearm replacement.

OR they might be aware of a QC issue that so far hasnt reached recall status and want to get it replaced quietly.

But barring that, CM is right, they might not care. But it doesnt hurt to at least ask. Worst thing is they say no.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK, in the off chance they are worried about product liability, they might be willing to swap him a bucket if they think its cheaper than a lawsuit or firearm replacement.

OR they might be aware of a QC issue that so far hasnt reached recall status and want to get it replaced quietly.

But barring that, CM is right, they might not care. But it doesnt hurt to at least ask. Worst thing is they say no.

:)

Its Remington my friend and this has been the norm for a long time. We have near a bucket of them and never use the crap. Because it is pure crap.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    To tell you the truth, I was going to see if they made decent slingshot projectiles but the tubing on the wrist rocket has come uncrunk...

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    The best they would do is offer me more of the same. I'd rather buy a lottery ticket, I'd have a better chance of a good outcome...

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I have always known they were 'marginal' ammo, but I bought one of those "Bucket O Bullets" in .22 clad hollow points just to go boom.

The first three sounded like magnums while others sounded like they may not have made it out of the barrel. (I checked, they did)

Forget where they hit the paper (if they hit the paper) they all sound different every time you pull the trigger.

They aren't discolored and they aren't even that old, they just plain suck.

Some might think I am just complaining to complain, but that is not the case. It is a 1400 round tub, I shot about 100 and I will give the rest of the bucket to anyone who wants to come get it.

I am all the way south in the state in Crawford County and believe me when I tell you they aren't worth driving far to get them.

I will go off who posts first below so you can get them. You have to write a report on what you think of them is the only stipulation.

Just don't think I am exaggerating...

Ain't that "bucket of bullets" just a great little sales gimmick?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I guess I must be really lucky then because I really haven't had too many issues with them. Granted, I mainly just use them in my 10/22 but I managed to earn my Marksman patch at the last Revere's Riders basic rifle class with Golden bullets.

I have had issues with them in certain handguns because they are generally too under powered to cycle the slide reliably. But for rifle.plinking at 50 yards and in, I'll shoot them all day long.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I guess I must be really lucky then because I really haven't had too many issues with them. Granted, I mainly just use them in my 10/22 but I managed to earn my Marksman patch at the last Revere's Riders basic rifle class with Golden bullets.

I have had issues with them in certain handguns because they are generally too under powered to cycle the slide reliably. But for rifle.plinking at 50 yards and in, I'll shoot them all day long.

Drop in on your next orbit and get you some...

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    The thing is, back in the day (says the seriously old dude). they were top of the line plinking or hunting cartridges. They were hot, dependable, and accurate. It's sad to see what looking the other way on q.c. has done to them.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Golden bullets marginal, next you’ll tell me water is wet, and ice is cold...or maybe that Taco Bell gives people the poops!!!

“Gee mr obvious, I never made the connection!”

worst 22 ammo ever!!! Dirty, no constancy, no accuracy! If it was the only 22 ammo I could buy...I’d think really hard about another hobby like knitting, or stamp collecting or even shoving bamboo shoots under my finger nails!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Bucket o bullets is a waste of good lead and brass IMO. It could be used for something better. Come to think of it I don't have anything Remington in my possession anymore.

White Squirrel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2016
    Evansville

I will second your opinion. I have a ton of them that I got cheap and I would never try to use them in a .22LR semi-auto pistol. They do work just fine in my two bolt action rifles, my Henry lever action and my three .22LR revolvers.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    The thing is, back in the day (says the seriously old dude). they were top of the line plinking or hunting cartridges. They were hot, dependable, and accurate. It's sad to see what looking the other way on q.c. has done to them.

Yeah, I remember that. CCI Minimags were first, Goldens next followed closely by Winchester SuperXs, with Federal a very distant last.

Top Bottom