Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Expert

User Info Menu

What is up with these Remington Golden's

I have always known they were 'marginal' ammo, but I bought one of those "Bucket O Bullets" in .22 clad hollow points just to go boom.

The first three sounded like magnums while others sounded like they may not have made it out of the barrel. (I checked, they did)

Forget where they hit the paper (if they hit the paper) they all sound different every time you pull the trigger.

They aren't discolored and they aren't even that old, they just plain suck.

Some might think I am just complaining to complain, but that is not the case. It is a 1400 round tub, I shot about 100 and I will give the rest of the bucket to anyone who wants to come get it.

I am all the way south in the state in Crawford County and believe me when I tell you they aren't worth driving far to get them.

I will go off who posts first below so you can get them. You have to write a report on what you think of them is the only stipulation.

Just don't think I am exaggerating...
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous...

User Info Menu

Sounds like a QC issue. Called Remington? They might give a damn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post
    Sounds like a QC issue. Called Remington? They might give a damn.
    ......you are kidding right.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

That’s pretty much been my experiences with Golden Bullets. Incredibly poor quality control. Hot rounds, weak rounds and duds rounds all seem to common issues in the same lots.
    “...I blame Turbo” -Everyone

User Info Menu

OK, in the off chance they are worried about product liability, they might be willing to swap him a bucket if they think its cheaper than a lawsuit or firearm replacement.

OR they might be aware of a QC issue that so far hasnt reached recall status and want to get it replaced quietly.

But barring that, CM is right, they might not care. But it doesnt hurt to at least ask. Worst thing is they say no.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post
    OK, in the off chance they are worried about product liability, they might be willing to swap him a bucket if they think its cheaper than a lawsuit or firearm replacement.

OR they might be aware of a QC issue that so far hasnt reached recall status and want to get it replaced quietly.

But barring that, CM is right, they might not care. But it doesnt hurt to at least ask. Worst thing is they say no.

Its Remington my friend and this has been the norm for a long time. We have near a bucket of them and never use the crap. Because it is pure crap.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Expert

User Info Menu

To tell you the truth, I was going to see if they made decent slingshot projectiles but the tubing on the wrist rocket has come uncrunk...

User Info Menu

Forget I said anything then. LOL

Expert

User Info Menu

The best they would do is offer me more of the same. I'd rather buy a lottery ticket, I'd have a better chance of a good outcome...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo59 View Post
    I have always known they were 'marginal' ammo, but I bought one of those "Bucket O Bullets" in .22 clad hollow points just to go boom.

The first three sounded like magnums while others sounded like they may not have made it out of the barrel. (I checked, they did)

Forget where they hit the paper (if they hit the paper) they all sound different every time you pull the trigger.

They aren't discolored and they aren't even that old, they just plain suck.

Some might think I am just complaining to complain, but that is not the case. It is a 1400 round tub, I shot about 100 and I will give the rest of the bucket to anyone who wants to come get it.

I am all the way south in the state in Crawford County and believe me when I tell you they aren't worth driving far to get them.

I will go off who posts first below so you can get them. You have to write a report on what you think of them is the only stipulation.

Just don't think I am exaggerating...
    Ain't that "bucket of bullets" just a great little sales gimmick?

Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast