• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The complaint about steel is damage to the extractor. I think it will take quite a long time to damage your extractor at that rate of fire.

It takes a while in an semi auto, so I cant imagine you would ever see a failure.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Seriously?

When I shot .44 MAG, I had plastic shells with plastic wad cutters. Used just a primer for propellant. Got about 600 fps. Great fun shooting cardboard boxes with a couple of blankets in them.

peterock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    When I shot .44 MAG, I had plastic shells with plastic wad cutters. Used just a primer for propellant. Got about 600 fps. Great fun shooting cardboard boxes with a couple of blankets in them.

I use Speer .38 Training bullets in my backyard often with the same target setup. Good training with a timer for drawing and getting first round on target.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The steel case isn't the problem, it's the steel jacketed bullet.

Yes it does wear your barrel harder than a copper jacketed bullet. I don't run it in my guns solely because of that.
    If it's a beater rifle and not a diamond in the rough, sub MOA barrel, then there's no reason to be concerned about it.

If it's a collectible rifle, or holds value to you, and you aren't comfortable with eventually rebarreling it, then stay away.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The steel case isn't the problem, it's the steel jacketed bullet.

Yes it does wear your barrel harder than a copper jacketed bullet. I don't run it in my guns solely because of that.
    If it's a beater rifle and not a diamond in the rough, sub MOA barrel, then there's no reason to be concerned about it.

If it's a collectible rifle, or holds value to you, and you aren't comfortable with eventually rebarreling it, then stay away.

Even at this I shy away from it.

If you have a nice HotRod Camaro will you be running 89 Octane in it because of price....????

God I hope not.

But I am a bit meticulous about my firearms. If I know something "Could" damage them I will not run it. Period.

JMHO of course.

If you got-em then smoke-em. It is your rifle.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Yep, that's the stuff.
    Pretty neat idea.
    VERY loud, and if I remember correctly, those plastic projectiles leave the barrel at close to 4000fps, but don't travel much more than 100 yards or so.
    The projectile weighs an astounding 11 grains..

Not to mention it is $9 for a box of 50.

It will flat fold up a coon at 80 yards...

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Even at this I shy away from it.

If you have a nice HotRod Camaro will you be running 89 Octane in it because of price....????

God I hope not.

But I am a bit meticulous about my firearms. If I know something "Could" damage them I will not run it. Period.

JMHO of course.

If you got-em then smoke-em. It is your rifle.

It is my sons Ruger Gunsite 308 scout Rifle so nay on the steel cased then.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Yep, that's the stuff.
    Pretty neat idea.
    VERY loud, and if I remember correctly, those plastic projectiles leave the barrel at close to 4000fps, but don't travel much more than 100 yards or so.
    The projectile weighs an astounding 11 grains..

I would have never known... Seems like a good option and seems like it might fit the bill for the Home range.
    Thanks

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I always use bimetal jacket cheap ammo to shoot in my new rifles. Why waste match grade ammo shooting in your new rifle? After shot in put your match grade ammo in and adjust as needed. I reload so I use quality bullets. No reason to waste time on FMJ ammo that I can buy cheaper than reloading.

Top Bottom