• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Airtevron1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    IN
    Our classified section is one of the most hotly protected by procedure here for good reason, we all know its a place to get a screaming deal. We just need a little clarification on what constitutes those amazing deals, so class in in session.

Having observed here a $200.00 gun I was interested in listed for $600.00, I pm'd the seller to be sure it wasnt a mistype. They responded that it wasnt so I let that amazing deal slide without further comment. If there is a listing at an unreasonable price, let the seller sit on it and keep your pie hole shut. That class would be lesson one, pay attention there will be a test.

Now I myself have listed a $375.00 - $400.00 used gun for $350.00 and have received several respectable messages of interest that are prevented due to distance.
    Along comes our class clown offering $200.00, claiming plentiful availability in that price range. Class, this is actually not a way to get a deal. Without know what this individual has been smoking, or what non firing plastic replicas they are referring to, I submit that this type of idiocy serves only to embarrass one's self and completely waste the time of the seller.
    And to further display this individuals most limited understanding of all things, wants to get further insulting via pm because they didnt get the response they wanted, maybe a millennial?

Lesson two, if you cant afford it, move on and let the big boys and girls do business. And stop demonstrating your ingnorance of Inginomics.
    Class dismissed.

Last edited:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    For starters, how about editing your post so it's possible to understand.

Second, who cares? Don't like the price? Don't buy it!!!

I'll be in my double wide if you need me.

Airtevron1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    IN
    For starters, how about editing your post so it's possible to understand.

Second, who cares? Don't like the price? Don't buy it!!!

I'll be in my double wide if you need me.

For finishers, I did.

And second...well never mind.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Ingo classifieds are something of a joke in my opinion.
    Yes, there are deals to be found, if you are lucky, and quick on the response.
    On the other hand, the vast majority of offerings are entirely out of line with reality.

Add this to the mandatory pictures rule, which is in itself a joke, and I just don't even bother listing things here.
    I still peruse the ads for a deal now and then, but I don't post anything for sale.

Ten or twelve years ago it was a great place to find smoking deals.
    Now it's more of a place to foster frustration.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I've sold a few guns here. Most have sold very quickly which leads me to believe I wasn't asking enough for them but it also says there's a market for decent deals here. There just aren't a lot of decent deals. The only "bad" experience I've had was a guy who got wonky about my requirement to see an IN DL and LTCH. He said he wanted a gun "with no paper trail" to him. What! Planning a murder or something? Of course, no sale.

I pay more attention to the WTB section. However, some of the ads indicate the WTBuyer wants to pay $200 for your $500 item in the hope that you are broke and desperate.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Ingo classifieds are something of a joke in my opinion.
    Yes, there are deals to be found, if you are lucky, and quick on the response.
    On the other hand, the vast majority of offerings are entirely out of line with reality.

Add this to the mandatory pictures rule, which is in itself a joke, and I just don't even bother listing things here.
    I still peruse the ads for a deal now and then, but I don't post anything for sale.

Ten or twelve years ago it was a great place to find smoking deals.
    Now it's more of a place to foster frustration.

I personally like the picture requirement. Not that pictures can't be "fixed", but I like to have an idea of what I am getting into. That and the idea that I can at least have some idea of who I am dealing with based on posting history, feedback, etc and I have been able to do some pretty decent deals. The fact that you have to be on it to get a decent deal means that it is active and folks generally know a deal when they see one due to knowing what they are looking at, etc.

There are a lot of things that hit the classies that are not my interest or not in my $ ball park, but that's fine.

That said, I'm not interested in gunbroker, armslist, etc. I'm here for the forum, with the added capability of a decent trade, purchase, or sale here and there.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    For sale 600.00 obo trades are hand santizer and n95s only....

Dont like dont buy. Why do these threads keep popping up?

Its the free market get over it.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Along comes our class clown offering $200.00, claiming plentiful availability in that price range.

I got one of those a while back. Obviously seems like if that were the case the person would have already purchased whatever they were looking for at that price and why are they bothering to go back and forth with me. It's one thing to make an offer that is lower, it is another to make a really low offer and say that the market is flush with a particular item at that low offer price. If they were, the would be purchaser wouldn't be wasting their time with my item/ad, or they are trying to "educate" me, neither of which I have any interest in dealing with.

I'm all for making an offer that is what you are looking to pay for an item, just don't BS and say that the market has many available at that price.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I really hate to haggle, but if I don't like someone's price, I may make an offer of about 10% off. Any more than that is an insult. If they say 'firm', I respect that and either buy it or keep on moving. I do hate it when a seller says 'firm' and then sells it for less.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    206   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    I've sold a few guns here. Most have sold very quickly which leads me to believe I wasn't asking enough for them but it also says there's a market for decent deals here. There just aren't a lot of decent deals. The only "bad" experience I've had was a guy who got wonky about my requirement to see an IN DL and LTCH. He said he wanted a gun "with no paper trail" to him. What! Planning a murder or something? Of course, no sale.

I pay more attention to the WTB section. However, some of the ads indicate the WTBuyer wants to pay $200 for your $500 item in the hope that you are broke and desperate.
    I've had good luck with buying through the WTB ads. No luck selling through them. I always try to list a price I'm willing to pay. Maybe that helps.:dunno:

crazygunner1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Kokomo
    Well mate, sorry for the misfortune it happens once in a while, whereby someone very annoying will come our way to just annoy you and its not even really worth your anger. Channel it to something else. Everyone! we should please always respect ourselves when we dealing with our fellow mate on the forum, it is very disrespectful to treat a fellow in such manner to be honest with you all, I hope we can all learn from this. God bless Ingun!

68NOVA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2016
    nwi
    I'm old and broke.

I'm all for more restrictions.

Until I can afford one of the pretty Legions.

Then restrictions can be lifted, because me me me generation.

Top Bottom