• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    How is everyone handling a ftf meet being that travel is limited? Example, a 40 mile trek to meet up for a purchase. Not exactly sure how cops are handling it but i would hate to get questioned and not have a reasonable answer... LOL. Over thinking it maybe?

Believe me when I say I take the Rona seriously and have been staying at home other than traveling to work but dang it man, there are things to do.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Just tell 'em you're on Essential Clown Business

**NSFW** Language/Violence
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N9Fzv7bYCM

But, seriously... (without any debate on Wuhan Flu)

- Politely, it's none of their business
    - Firearms/ammo transactions have been identified as essential business

Finally, don't break the law while you're breaking "the law".
    Don't give 'em any reason to look at you twice Grey Man.

[EDIT]
    And not that I would publicly encourage forging any "official" document, but you can always do what the "officially essential businesses" did for their employees: used their Word software & printers to write a memo.

Last edited:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Keep your distance, "sorry, no handshake today", otherwise business as usual. Essential business, do not elaborate if questioned.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    This is still America, we still have rights. Move about as usual. I just drive from Indy to Tipton for a ftf purchase. Didn't see a single cop all day.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I have seen no "papers please" stops anywhere in central Indiana. Has anyone heard of that which the OP is concerned about?

Just noticed the OP is NWI, so your mileage mat vary...

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Met a member last week on wed. No issue and a local cop pulled into the gas station where I was sitting and probably observed the transaction when he pulled into the parking lot across the street to watch for speeders but all was good.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Good information guys.... appreciate it and yes, i forgot about the ammunition and firearms clause in the law. Should be good to go. As stated above I'll take some doughnuts with me just in case.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Just tell 'em you're on Essential Clown Business

**NSFW** Language/Violence
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N9Fzv7bYCM

But, seriously... (without any debate on Wuhan Flu)

- Politely, it's none of their business
    - Firearms/ammo transactions have been identified as essential business

Finally, don't break the law while you're breaking "the law".
    Don't give 'em any reason to look at you twice Grey Man.

[EDIT]
    And not that I would publicly encourage forging any "official" document, but you can always do what the "officially essential businesses" did for their employees: used their Word software & printers to write a memo.

I have seen no "papers please" stops anywhere in central Indiana. Has anyone heard of that which the OP is concerned about?

Just noticed the OP is NWI, so your mileage mat vary...

https://www.indystar.com/story/news...ay-home-order-coronavirus-driving/2919774001/

Superintendent Carter said at a Thursday afternoon news conference that there have been at least nine reports of people claiming to have been stopped by police and threatened with fines for allegedly violating the state's stay-at-home order without documentation.

"There is no need in Indiana, anywhere in Indiana, in any city, any county in Indiana where you have to have a document explaining that you're essential or not," he said

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I sold a gun a few weeks ago and the random armslist guy who showed up (while very nice) was one disgusting human being lol I went straight home and showered, and immediately halted all of my buying/selling/trading

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    If stopped I would just show them my badge. I got it by spending some money on the internet. Haven't had to use it yet, but I can't wait to see the surprise on the po-po's face when I spring this on them!!

ITP.jpg

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I sold a gun a few weeks ago and the random armslist guy who showed up (while very nice) was one disgusting human being lol I went straight home and showered, and immediately halted all of my buying/selling/trading

Sorry for my appearance. I know my profile pic is a bit of a turn off.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Sorry for my appearance. I know my profile pic is a bit of a turn off.

Ha! You and yer ol lady were eating when I pulled up and you didn't even have the decency to wipe the mustard and ketchup off ypur hands (or apparently shower since Feb) all the while coughing in my face and wiping snot on your sleeve. I know my knuck knock annoyed you and you laughed when I grabbed the cash with my sleeve over my hand...didn't mean to offend just didn't want yer covid!

:):

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Ha! You and yer ol lady were eating when I pulled up and you didn't even have the decency to wipe the mustard and ketchup off ypur hands (or apparently shower since Feb) all the while coughing in my face and wiping snot on your sleeve. I know my knuck knock annoyed you and you laughed when I grabbed the cash with my sleeve over my hand...didn't mean to offend just didn't want yer covid!

Spread the love my man....spread the love

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    https://www.indystar.com/story/news...ay-home-order-coronavirus-driving/2919774001/

Superintendent Carter said at a Thursday afternoon news conference that there have been at least nine reports of people claiming to have been stopped by police and threatened with fines for allegedly violating the state's stay-at-home order without documentation.

"There is no need in Indiana, anywhere in Indiana, in any city, any county in Indiana where you have to have a document explaining that you're essential or not," he said

There was an officer (didn't notice which jurisdiction he was from) in Highsmith's yesterday and I overheard someone asking him if they were actively stopping people for being out under the "stay at home" orders. The officer replied that no, unless you're doing some kind of crazy obviously illegal stuff (that you'd get pulled over for without the order in place) they are not stopping people to see if their travel is "essential".

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Hey, at least he didn't wipe the snot on YOUR sleeve! :):

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Ive seen in the local jail booking where some of our finer citizens have been charged with violating a travel order. A couple in the Inkfreenews,com too. Add on charges. Apparently meth deals and DUI are not essential travel.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Well shoot. I HAD a lovely scenario all lined up about how I just couldn't get the sewer dug up till I got laid off from the landfill... But 1775 stole my thunder and just RUINED it. Dang it.

You guys go ahead. Imma go count brass in the bunker and pout.

Top Bottom