• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tyler318

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2017
    Washington
    Anyone have any suggestions on what too do if my package is lost from midway usa. Midway wont answer calls or emails. What are u suppose too do if u can't get ahold of them?Probably wont order anything else till this Coronavirus goes away. Too much of a headache.usps has no clue were it is.Just that it is in transit. Lost 2 hours from my house.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    This wouldn't be my first option, but a charge back from your credit card company will get their attention in a hurry. I'd wait at least 2 weeks of trying other options before going down that road, IMO.

FWIW, I mentioned in another thread that I ordered some mags and the vendor just refunded my order without ever sending an email or calling. If I hadn't looked at my CC statement and seen it come back, I wouldn't have even known not to expect them. I think it's pretty crazy times for vendors right now.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Midway will make it right. I've seen more than a few lost in the mail posts since all this started, especially boxes marked for shipping ammo

tyler318

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2017
    Washington
    Yeah their is know doubt shippers are being swamped. They had my order shipped the same day .which is kinda crazy being that theirs orders have probably tripled since this corona.I just think they should get someone in their too handle lost and damaged packages. I have no clue if I will here from them tommorow or 6 months from now is the problem.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Yeah their is know doubt shippers are being swamped. They had my order shipped the same day .which is kinda crazy being that theirs orders have probably tripled since this corona.I just think they should get someone in their too handle lost and damaged packages. I have no clue if I will here from them tommorow or 6 months from now is the problem.

That's why I suggest a 2 week waiting period of trying to contact them through reasonable means, then escalate it to your CC company. 14 days is plenty of time for even a garbage business (which Midway is not) to at least ping you back. When you charge them back through your CC company, you're actually messing with their money. If they get too many investigations Mastercard/Visa/Whoever will actually refuse their business and therefore they can no longer accept that form of payment. They take that pretty seriously.

In fact... I'd probably consider sending them an actual paper letter in the mail too while you're waiting. Then nobody can say you didn't try pretty hard to handle it more smoothly and they really did paint you into a corner.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Nothing is going to happen fast. A single lost package is probably 6 hours worth of labor between getting your info, tracking, processing a claim with the shipper, getting another en route (if what you ordered is still in stock), all of these moving parts while trying to navigate pandemic business rules.

Best bet is to start your claim online and wait it out.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    What does the status say? If it says in transit, what does the status below it say?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    USPS does us well here, for the most part. One HUGE noticeable problem last year when shipping an item sold to a fellow INGOer.

Item sat up in the Indy USPS office for 3 weeks. Local postmaster tracked it there and then very disappointingly said that there was nothing to be done about it, "That's common and just how they are up there. Wait a little longer, it will eventually move." :n00b:

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I hit a dead end at USPS with them claiming the package was scanned "near my house". Their favorite claim was "I can't help you but I'll transfer you to somebody who will". Apparently, that person no longer exists. I called Midway and they immediately credited my card. Getting through to them may be a problem in today's panic buying but I think they'll be good for it.

Top Bottom