• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Bearing Arms has an article highlighting reports from around the country of liberals buying guns.

The record number of firearms sold in March weren’t all purchased by Trump-loving Republicans in red states, despite claims by gun control activists that the surge in sales is all due to fearmongering on the part of the NRA. As it turns out, the desire to protect yourself and your loved ones is non-partisan, and even the New Yorker is recognizing that many of the 1-million or more new gun owners around the country don’t fit neatly into the anti-gun stereotype of the typical Second Amendment supporter.

It’s unquestionably a good thing that more folks on the Left are joining the ranks of gun owners, but it will be even better if they become politically active in defense of their right to keep and bear arms as well. Longtime gun owners and 2A activists should be reaching out and engaging with these new gun owners whenever possible to encourage them to become an advocate for their rights now that they’ve joined the ranks of armed Americans.

https://bearingarms.com/cam-e/2020/04/02/yes-liberals-are-buying-guns-too/

Any of you had liberals asking you for advice on purchasing guns lately?

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    LOL, those same 1st time gun buying liberals will still vote the same way as they always have. And they all have short memories. As soon as this is over they'll hand in those evil high cap mags and those evil black rifles are still evil

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    LOL, those same 1st time gun buying liberals will still vote the same way as they always have. And they all have short memories. As soon as this is over they'll hand in those evil high cap mags and those evil black rifles are still evil

I believe you are right. That said, it may at least temper the enthusiasm for gun control.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I just have to put this in this thread also, even though it is in a few others it needs to be here as well.

91095076_3741129172595552_783155666876366848_n.jpg

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Are you saying if you aren't a trump loving Republican you're automatically a liberal?

Not I, just that many "common sense" gun controllers are acting differently right now. Most of those interviewed admitted they were libs and even feared their friends might find out they were interested in guns to protect their families.

Although if you do not like the policies of Trump, not the man, then you likely are a liberal...

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    Although if you do not like the policies of Trump, not the man, then you likely are a liberal...

I was in full support of him until he signed a $2.2T stimulus bill. I would have walked right into the depths of hell for him...and I say that as someone that very recently got out of the Marine Corps.

Now I don’t think I would **** on him if he were on fire. I’m very saddened by his decision to ‘just do something’.

Here’s to hoping for a decent Libertarian candidate in 2024.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I’ve dealt with a few people in the range wanting to buy a gun that had no idea there was a form to fill out and background check to be done in order to purchase a firearm. I didn’t discuss politics with them, but I can pretty much guess that they watch cnn, msnbc, and all the other bull**** news channels with the talking heads constantly screeching about how easy it is to buy a gun. Maybe they will hand in their guns when this is over, but at least they got to see first hand that what they have been told by the media wasn’t true.

All in all, the few I’ve dealt with have been (seemingly) very appreciative of the info they got.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Really? Reread that line. Did that come out as you intended?

Yes sir, Politics is a strange animal. Trump has in his 3 years has implemented more of the so called conservative agenda than any Republican since Regan.

Like any politician I don't agree with everything but what are the alternatives? Like 76Too I am not a fan of the so called bailout but the blame lies with your fellow countrymen that expect it not just the political animals that vote for it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

You are assuming they would actually LOOK at a Scary Black Rifle, let alone buy one. Nope. They are buying cheap handguns because they just need something, and no sense wasting good money on a gun.

I was in full support of him until he signed a $2.2T stimulus bill. I would have walked right into the depths of hell for him...and I say that as someone that very recently got out of the Marine Corps.

Now I don’t think I would **** on him if he were on fire. I’m very saddened by his decision to ‘just do something’.

Here’s to hoping for a decent Libertarian candidate in 2024.

Wish in one hand and s*** in the other and see which one fills up first. I consider myself a Libertarian, but am disheartened that they cant seem to find an electable candidate.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    A lot of people spending money they don't have for something they don't know how to use. Sadly and unfortunately they are more of a danger to themselves than anyone else.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT]

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I'm sure they'll run right out to get some serious training rather than throwing them in a drawer and treating them as magical talismans to hold off evil.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Personally, I welcome them into the fold and hope it increases their appreciation of the 2nd Amendment and its ability to preserve freedom and the safety of their families.

If not, then nothing will ever get through their thick skulls and we can replenish our stocks from what they've dropped as they ran away.

Top Bottom