• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drm-hp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Brownsburg
    The title is a little bit off; but I had to use something.

During this time of "Stay at Home " what firearm related projects are you working on? I thought this may be interesting.

Myself, I am in the process of making the flash holes on 5000 new LAKE CITY cases similar diameter. Once this is complete I will be chamfering the powder side of these holes.

Good luck and be safe!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well I have 2 of them. Started before the beer bug but here we are.
    2 of them actually. 1911's in 10mm

In the raw...
    53chdJL.jpg

pDiaZmz.jpg

Rough fit up.
    3lfunRn.jpg

"One" off Comp. This is from a blank.
    OtCijEN.jpg

Taking shape.
    6svjGJR.jpg

Sight cuts, flat top, ball cut are done.
    UcSQlrW.jpg

Sights fit up. Ready to bring home from AllenM's
    pA8ZXnp.jpg

Firing pin stop is hand fit. Now we start to shape and blend. And yes I have a serious Dremel....:):
    DTWnipn.jpg

Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana
    Not really projects but went thru collection and decided to thin the heard, so sold three handguns. Then with money burning a hole in my pocket I ended up buying new hk usp9 and 1k of 45acp and I know the usp takes 9mm, lol. Also been reloading a bunch of 45acp but sadly almost out of projectiles. Also thinking about getting another rugged obsidian 45 can.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    I have a couple small projects going. I was on the verge of selling a Rem 700 in 308 but could never bring myself to it. Found a deal on the Magpul Hunter stock and placed the order. Also swapped the magwell to run detach mags. The stock and magwell are already in/on. Waiting on some other components. The other project is for an M1A Socom I picked up early last month. Springfield is running a "gear up" promotion where they're giving people a free scope mount and 2 mags with the purchase of a new M1A. I've been approved for the promotion but they said it would take 8-12 weeks before I would see my stuff. Not going to complain though...it was free. No shipping cost either. Also waiting on some other components for this rifle. Going to swap the gas block and plug to run the can on it.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Nothing going on here. Still working, probably busier than usual. Being essential can be a burden.

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Spent a lot of time at the reloading bench making some .44mag, .45acp and 9mm. Also getting ready to start a pistol AR build.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I've got a Tandemkross trigger and hammer (along with some replacement parts - firing pin, extractor, springs, mag springs) for a SW22 Victory.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    The title is a little bit off; but I had to use something.

During this time of "Stay at Home " what firearm related projects are you working on? I thought this may be interesting.

Myself, I am in the process of making the flash holes on 5000 new LAKE CITY cases similar diameter. Once this is complete I will be chamfering the powder side of these holes.

Good luck and be safe!
    Sadly, none. My workplace is considered "essential", and it's business as usual. Not complaining though, because I only have two vacation days left, and they certainly would not pay us. :n00b:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Got a new 2-7X Freedom VX on the CZ455.
    Dialed right in. Might do a trigger job and pillar bed it.
    Aint bad as is, but not as good as could be.

Changed rings on the 760 in .35 rem (had alloy, went Burris Zee).
    It was slightly off.

Windy wet and cold, I got em on at 25 w very few shots. Nice day will check at 50 yds.

Still need to exp with an old 10/22 fingergroove. That and test 300 spine arrows from my old Blackwidow recurve.

Should be a busy week.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    No real projects per se. Adjusted optics on the ARs to all be zeroed with the same ammo, checked scopes on everything else. Still messing with my Wraith. Loaded a little 223 and 6.5x55 for the Tikkas.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Sold my gun safe and consolidating . Hitting the loading bench and range to test some loads. Got boat ready and fished awhile. Demoed the deck. Going to rebuild with a pergola. Lots of small projects as well. Home schooling kids till end of year. Ya I'm busy! Probably sneak in some camping and more shooting.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Next week I am furloughed, but still expected to work which I will.

I would be working on firearm related stuff but I have not finished a rather major reno I started late last fall. I will work on that, so hopefully I won't be working on it all summer. Hoping that it lines out with us getting our freedom back and things getting back to normal.:)

Top Bottom