• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    A friend of mine passed away a couple of weeks ago.
    He was not in good health, but I doubt the Covid-19 virus had anything to do with it.
    This was a guy I worked with more than 30 years ago.
    Not a real close friend, but a friend nonetheless.

Anyway, the family found a bit of ammo and none of them has any interest, so, knowing I could put it to use, they gave it to me!
    I got 60 rounds of .30-30 Winchester, about 40 rounds of 7-1/2 shot .410bore, and 500 rounds of .22lr.

Sorry to see Bruce go, but like I said, he was not in good health.
    R.I.P. buddy.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Sorry to hear about your friend. Losing somebody, even if they’re not really close, always sucks.

As to the ammo. If you guys were shooting buddies or anything I vote to shoot a few from his stack every weekend in his honor. Just a mag full (or tube, or however your .22 feeds). It’ll give you a couple minutes to remember some good times together, while having a little fun in the process. Sorry again

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Send it down range in his honor. Maybe see if you can take a few squirrels with the 410 or 22. Maybe get a hog or deer with the 30-30. Nice when someone can carry on where one left off. Ammo went to the right guy.

crazygunner1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Kokomo
    A friend of mine passed away a couple of weeks ago.
    He was not in good health, but I doubt the Covid-19 virus had anything to do with it.
    This was a guy I worked with more than 30 years ago.
    Not a real close friend, but a friend nonetheless.

Anyway, the family found a bit of ammo and none of them has any interest, so, knowing I could put it to use, they gave it to me!
    I got 60 rounds of .30-30 Winchester, about 40 rounds of 7-1/2 shot .410bore, and 500 rounds of .22lr.

Sorry to see Bruce go, but like I said, he was not in good health.
    R.I.P. buddy.

May Bruce soul rest in perfect peace. Enjoy your free ammo Mgderf!

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Don't know where your at, but I am a Bruce too, and if in Marion or Hamilton county, I will pick up the 30-30 and send them down range at Deer in the Michigan woods, as long as they last each November 15th in his honor.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    Send it down range in his honor. Maybe see if you can take a few squirrels with the 410 or 22. Maybe get a hog or deer with the 30-30. Nice when someone can carry on where one left off. Ammo went to the right guy.

This! Donating it is not a bad idea, but why not have some fun with it!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I fully intend to shoot it all myself, while grinning about the good old times.

One such time, many, MANY, moons ago.
    I was standing in line outside Market Square Arena waiting to enter for the Deep Purple concert.
    Bruce was with me, along with a half dozen others.

The man taking tickets at the door was an elderly gentleman with mostly white hair and a scruffy beard.
    He was smoking a rather fat cigar as he took tickets, but it was down to a short stub.
    When we approached the door, Bruce pushed his way up to the front of our group without saying a word.
    When he stepped up, the guy at the door reached out and grabbed Bruces' ticket.
    At the very same time, Bruce reached up and snatched that cigar, then put it in his mouth and started puffing on it until he got a good draw.
    He pulled the cigar out of his mouth and said to the guy, "That's a pretty good cigar" as he tried to hand it back!
    The guy just gave Bruce a funny look and said, "You go ahead and keep that. Looks like you need it more than I do."

We all went inside just bustin' a gut laughing.
    That was Bruce. Never a dull moment.

Top Bottom