• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    I used Walmart for ammo, very little at Dick's....I stopped there completely when there was no clerk in Guns and stuff. I used BigR in Michigan City and was quite happy. I found Rural King in Niles Michigan....no gunbuying but good ammo and lots of stuff. I go to Lafayette when I down there to Rural King.....good prices,ammo,magazines and lots of stuff. I get very good help and a manager said guns and ammo stays here. Big R was sold and the new people raised prices a lot.

I'm retired and single so a drive to Lafayette is a nice day adventure and a few gun stores there too. As soon as they cut the strait-jacket stuff I'm going.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I agree that the Big R firearms department went downhill when they became Stock + Field. Their firearm selection plummeted (and that was well before the panic buying started) and prices went up a little.

The rest of the store is pretty much the same as far as I can tell. I shop there all the time.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    I agree that the Big R firearms department went downhill when they became Stock + Field. Their firearm selection plummeted (and that was well before the panic buying started) and prices went up a little.

The rest of the store is pretty much the same as far as I can tell. I shop there all the time.

I got some steals during the confusion changeover in tagging....

sr1911 Cmd, 549.99 ** cough, cough**

people past that, I’m done with them. Even the guys working the gun dept. are upset and tired of it all.

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    We have an RK in Kokomo. Have bought a lot there over years. I do wish they had .410 in stock. They are always sold out, as is RKGuns.com

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    RK has a sale on the MP EZ 9mm that is over on the 11th. I need to make up my mind quickly.

Picked up a SW Compact .22LR 2 yrs. ago at Rural King for $300: best price I'd ever seen & there were no used ones at the time any cheaper.
    Enjoyed that gun: made by SW, not by Umarex like many of the other cheaper .22LRs.
    I ran there to buy a couple of Rugers on Saturday: sold out, with the guy in front me buying both them on sale.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    RK is awesome my favorite store by far. Excellent prices, stuff you need, and their veterinarian supplies is always well stocked. An oh yeah the gun barn is nice too.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I just went bought some automotive stuff as well as some paint. I never really buy much gun stuff there unless it's clay pigeons or random things on sale. My LGS always hooks it up for about the same price on guns and I'd rather support them. That being said, it's still one of my go to stores, it's super close to my house and I find myself there for things a lot!

Top Bottom