• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    Ar-15 in the passanger seat with a 5.11 shoulder bag full of glock 19 mags and 6- 30rd pmags. Been traveling with a 30rd spare in my back pocket for the glock also. Not a fan of reloads so if I have to I only want to do it once.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    On another subject, what kind of vehicle do you drive?

Ar-15 in the passanger seat with a 5.11 shoulder bag full of glock 19 mags and 6- 30rd pmags. Been traveling with a 30rd spare in my back pocket for the glock also. Not a fan of reloads so if I have to I only want to do it once.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    When you need a rifle, you really need a rifle. Just sayin'...

I'd be a really poor idea to test my vehicle security system. Quite a shock to find the rifle you are looking for looking at you?

Mark106

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2020
    Terre Haute
    Not re a long gun, specifically, but I've pondered this:
    - Nothing on my vehicle says "gun inside." No stickers, etc.
    - I lock my vehicle if I'm more than a stride from it.
    - A person peering into the windows from outside would not be able to see any gun or gun gear.
    Frankly, I think there's little wrong with responsible console, glove box or concealed lock-box carry.
    Put another way, if I'm out there tooling about as Joe Lawful Citizen not advertising a gun in the vehicle, why is it ethically on me to worry about a potential felon might do? And, to my knowledge breaking into a vehicle to steal anything is a felony.
    Am I adrift in my thinking on this matter?

7hatGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Fairland
    My dad and my brother used to carry a shotgun in their truck. Had a mount on the back window. They are too concerned with people breaking in and stealing these days so they now keep em behind the seat. Standard cab pickups.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Put another way, if I'm out there tooling about as Joe Lawful Citizen not advertising a gun in the vehicle, why is it ethically on me to worry about a potential felon might do? And, to my knowledge breaking into a vehicle to steal anything is a felony.

Exactly.

INGO likes to victim shame, just ask about guns stores that don't pull all their inventory nightly and put it in a super impenetrable super safe hidden in a bunker.

Top Bottom