• ...and so much more!
  • DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Just a quick reminder. The NMLRA'S Spring Shoot starts Saturday, June 13 at the NMLRA'S home, the Walter Cline range in beautiful Friendship Indiana. If you've never been, you owe it to yourself to go. As of a couple of days ago,. the association was still planning on holding the shoot, pending developments.
    I can't wait!

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I've been to it, and it is awesome, but I'm wondering how exactly they'd do it without violating the state's recommendations for distancing. If they aren't saying anything on their website, then someone may have really dropped the ball.

This kind of event is one of the big tragedies of this damned deadly beer virus. Such an amazing event but I'll be shocked if they hold it.

Last edited:

Geoman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    So. IN
    I've never been but always wanted to go. I'm retiring soon, so maybe I will get there. Does anyone know if they have free camping space?

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    They do not. Sorry. 30.00 a night for us camper folks with electrical hook ups,. A little bit more for full hook ups. Less for primitive, but you have to have an 1830s or so looking camp. Personally, I think those folks should camp free, but that's not how it is.
    If you'll check the association's website there's the same old covid 19 statement, and I don't think anything is set in stone, but for now the shindig is on.
    Interestingly, Versailles State Park is just a few miles away, and they usually have pretty good rates.

Someone in the black powder threads was asking about where he could buy black powder. I usually get some from the magazine out behind the museum. I think you have to be an association member, but the price savings on a few pounds of powder would more than pay for the membership.

Mmmmm.... Saturday morning coffee and cannon fire!

Last edited:

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I've been to it, and it is awesome, but I'm wondering how exactly they'd do it without violating the state's recommendations for distancing. If they aren't saying anything on their website, then someone may have really dropped the ball.

This kind of event is one of the big tragedies of this damned deadly beer virus. Such an amazing event but I'll be shocked if they hold it.

I think they are hoping restrictions will be lifted by the time it starts - June 13th.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I went there every year, for both shoots, as a kid, love that place! campfires, and black powder smoke!! Dang I'm going to have tp join, want a BP pistol kit, and that is the place to go

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    No kidding. Last spring I FINALLY picked up an old original 12 guage double in shooter condition. AND a couple of sweet tools,. For 140.00. DAAANNNNNG!!!

Plus, the people. All the familiar faces in the sheepsheds, on the chunk gun line,. and the woods walk. The fabulous Johnston boys in camp,. and Sawyer,. and Mark King,. our camp CHEF! Life is good in the valley!

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Just joined the NMLRA, first time in years, went to a gunshop Saturday, and found a beater cap lock rifle, going to refurb it and shoot...

Roadman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 21, 2019
    Nashville
    A family friend bought a real bear trap there several years ago. He had plans to hang it over his fireplace before someone broke his truck window and swiped it in Greenwood when he stopped for a late dinner.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Between the sheepsheds and the flea markets you never know WHAT you'll find. I only take so much money, so I stay the heck out of the flea markets. That was wifey's thing. Alas, she is wifey no more.

A funny sidebar. She and my lady friend both indicated that they'd be down on Saturday, last year. The Fabulous Johnston boys were aghast. " What if they BOTH come?". I just laughed. They weren't coming.

Top Bottom