• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Billythekid

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I am interested in purchasing the Beretta cx4 storm 9mm. I have pm a few people that have sold theirs and don't have anything bad to say about the gun. Does anyone have anything else to say about the
    rifle? Please let me know. Thanks

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    If you want a 9mm PCC, I don't think you will find anything of higher QUALITY without going up into the $2k+ B&Ts.

The only thing I would say is that today with the prevalence of "braces," I'm not so sure going with a 16" barreled 9mm is the best option.

They are incredibly light and easy to shoot, someone of smaller stature or reduced physical strength is going to absolutely fall in love with it. If the option of much shorter and more compact 9mm PCCs doesn't appeal to you, I don't think there's anything else on the market that can directly compete with it.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Tombs summed it up well. I bought one several years ago when the variety of 9mm braced pistols was thinner. I didn't want an AR platform nor did I want something that used Glock mags. I had a couple Berettas so it was a natural. I have a short length of pull so I appreciate the removable spacers in the stock. That is the only redeemable feature of the stock. While comfortable, it is really ugly

You can find used ones in the $450-550 range. I think the cost new hovers around $700 but they are sold out everywhere.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    My daughter and I have put several thousand rounds through our CX-4 and have had no problems other than the rifle is so accurate it could be called boring. Mine is set for pistol Series 92 mags but other Beretta mags like those from the PX-4 can be used by just changing an insert. Stick with Beretta, MDS or Mec-gar mags and you will not have any feed issues.

Yes the trigger is funny, but easy to get used to and gets better with use.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    They're pretty cool. Plastic trigger group sucks the big one and the only quality metal replacement is half the cost of the gun, but you can live with it. Mag interchangeability with the 92 is nice.

WelchyV90

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2020
    Indiana
    I have run about 4k rounds through my Cx4 using 92 magazines. It is an absolute treat to shoot as the recoil is mild at the most, even with hot ammo loads. I run mine with several of the upgrades from sierra papa, notably the charging handle and the recoil spring and pad. She runs a bit heavy as the bolt in her is very heavy. When using optics the iron sights fold down, and if you press in the front sling swivel you can pull out a tab for a pic rail under the barrel. The trigger is not great and the hammer is plastic, but you can upgrade those from sierra papa as well although they are on a waitlist while they get their new CnC machine setup. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Nickbau5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2020
    Brownsburg
    I'd like to own one. I've shot my buddy's Cx4 and it felt nice, but it doesn't seem worth it, especially with the dumb barrel sticking out an extra like 7in. I would preferably have an SBR'd one, gives it that nice aesthetic.

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    I really like mine. They are short, fast weapons that are fun at the range and good for home defense. I agree that the trigger isn't the best, but they fire just fine.

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    how much did you guys pay for yours
    Prices are high right now, Beretta isn't producing them right now. They get produced for a while, then production stops. It makes the prices cyclical. Gunbroker prices are $800+. Local deals can be had if people are willing to sell. When they are in production getting a used one for $500 wasn't uncommon. I'm regretting not getting the one sold here for $600 earlier in the year, it was a fair price.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    how much did you guys pay for yours

I bought my first one when the cyclical availability was low. Ended up with picking one up new for $725. It was supposed to be a production overrun meant for the Russia market. As such it had a +/-20" barrel and the manual was in cyrillic. I later sold it and bought one used off INGO for $450. It is just a matter of timing.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I love mine, enough so that I've been tempted to pick up another in .40 or .45. As mentioned the trigger is pretty bad but can be improved with use or some careful and precise filing.

Top Bottom