• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Firearm knowledge quiz for the Global Pandemic.

Let's see how many conflicts throughout history we can name where opposing sides used the same weapon(s), rifles or handguns.

A. Conflict
    B. Sides
    C. Weapon

I'll start by naming the obvious ones (my thread, I get the easy ones! lol), let's number them so it is easier to see how many we can come up with:

1. Winter War-War of Continuation; Finnish/Soviet; Mosin-Nagant rifle.

2. World War One; American/German; Mauser rifle.

What can you add?

Nickbau5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2020
    Brownsburg
    A-Yugoslavian War
    B-who could honestly count the sides
    C-M70s, M48s, RPKs, PKMs, M59s, I think there were some WW2 surplus german machine guns in there

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    A-Yugoslavian War
    B-who could honestly count the sides
    C-M70s, M48s, RPKs, PKMs, M59s, I think there were some WW2 surplus german machine guns in there

there were more than just ww2 machine guns, a friend from there had photos of full tanks that the local farmers had buried after ww2, dug up and used during the war.

Nickbau5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2020
    Brownsburg
    there were more than just ww2 machine guns, a friend from there had photos of full tanks that the local farmers had buried after ww2, dug up and used during the war.

yeah, but small arms, and most of the small arms they used were relatively new production since they could manage it. They only really used WW2 small arms for the back lines reserves, most people had M70s/RPKs/PKMs, the HMG crews would have their local version of the DshK, and the back line troops would usually be given SKSs and I think surplus MG42s, or whatever versions they had. Tanks were mainly just whatever they could find and get. And since it was more of a civil war type of conflict, there was more infantry and foot fighting than armor or air.

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    Russian Revolution between the Bolsheviks and the White Russians. Both sides used the 1891 Mosin Nagant rifles in 7.62X54 along with expeditionary forces from various other nations.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    FN FAL was the official arm of both opponents in the 1982 Faulklands Island war. Only difference one (believe the Argintins) had a select fire version

OOPS guess I overlooked the Faulklands sas already mention!

Nickbau5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2020
    Brownsburg
    FN FAL was the official arm of both opponents in the 1982 Faulklands Island war. Only difference one (believe the Argintins) had a select fire version

OOPS guess I overlooked the Faulklands sas already mention!

I'm gonna get semantic and say that the FN FAL and L1A1 are technically different, one being metric and the other being imperial (respectfully). The FN FAL was able to be full auto and had various different parts that couldn't be interchanged with the L1A1. The L1A1 was functionally unable to use a full auto FCG and had various differences on the receiver and bolt. Also to be said that they couldn't interchange mags either. I know it's a semantic argument, but one that a distinct difference.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Finnish Civil War
    Reds Whites
    1891 Mosin

Really any civil war, both sides would be using basically the same weapons

Chaco War
    Bolivia, Paraguay
    Mauser rifle

Sino-Soviet border conflict