First Time Gun Buyers Like Drive-Through Gun Sales...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    An interesting perspective. I consider myself fairly knowledgeable about guns in general, not an expert at anything really but I'm not a novice, and I can still feel "overwhelmed" sometimes at the amount of choices and options when browsing the stores. It's like sensory overload. I do tend to hone in on the stuff I am most familiar with because of this.
    I wonder how this works for them handling the merch to find which one they like best. That's kinda the whole idea about going in and checking out the goods, even if it is like drinking from the fire hose.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Well, if it causes rectal itch for the left, I'm all for it. I hope gun stores keep doing it after the crisis has passed. I'd love to have that when I need a quick 100 rounds of ammo or something like that!

Roadman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 21, 2019
    Nashville
    When I lived in Texas, I thought that drive through liquor stores were a great idea. I even remember a grocery store that sold handguns displayed in a converted meat cooler.

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    Texas. Home of the drive through liquor stores.

Illinois had those at one time, not sure if they still do. I grew up on the far east side of the state, and we would make a beer run to Milford to the drive through liquor store. Their legal drinking age was lower than Indiana, so we made that trip a lot

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I worked in Ohio for about a year and it was so strange to see young kids in bars. Parents would be in there and kids would be running around...

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Florida has had drive-thru liquor stores for more than 40 years.

I took advantage of them back in the '70's.
    California allowed children in liquor stores 50 years ago.
    I used to go into them to buy candy and milk.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Buckeyes think we're crazy because we can't swing by and pick up a gallon of milk, a dozen eggs, and a six pack of pbr on the way home. I agree. The Sunday sales thing, I disagree with. Anyone who can't plan ahead one day doesn't need Sunday beer.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Buckeyes think we're crazy because we can't swing by and pick up a gallon of milk, a dozen eggs, and a six pack of pbr on the way home. I agree. The Sunday sales thing, I disagree with. Anyone who can't plan ahead one day doesn't need Sunday beer.

Eh, legal product should be able to be purchased even on Sunday IMO. Follow the money to see who is the special interest on any of these things. It was amazing to watch the sides flip on the Sunday sales thing depending on how the bills were written. Could just as easily be said legal sales 1 day a week... plan ahead for the rest of the week, or one day a month. Seems arbitrary because it is.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Eh, legal product should be able to be purchased even on Sunday IMO. Follow the money to see who is the special interest on any of these things. It was amazing to watch the sides flip on the Sunday sales thing depending on how the bills were written. Could just as easily be said legal sales 1 day a week... plan ahead for the rest of the week, or one day a month. Seems arbitrary because it is.
    I never did understand the liquor stores complaining about opening up Sunday sales. "But that means we'll have to be open on Sunday!" Um, no it doesn't. Take the day off. Nobody is making you stay open on Sunday. That wasn't all there was to it I'm sure, but that's the main complaint I heard.

Lots of gun stores are closed on Sundays and/or Mondays, especially some of the smaller shops. :dunno:

Top Bottom