• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Make lemonade...Just make sure the lemonade is at least 18 inches or longer....

Beautiful 1948 L C Smith 20 gauge...Mint but for it seems someone tried to reblue the barrels and the brazing corroded...I rolled the dice hoping I could keep the barrels at 24 inches and have a brush gun but alas, that was not to be the case....At 19 inches the corrosion ended...So now I've got a coach gun that I'm going to have people say of it, "that's a shame some idiot cut the barrels down".....

I'll just say, "I know..."

EW8BQMpWsAIguSu

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    I have to say....never been impressed with long barrel side by sides....never a good balance for me.
    But a handy little coach gun....now you have something that I could appreciate!!!!

Bottom line....you can't save them all. Better to have one that is useful and gets used than one that doesn't.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I have to say....never been impressed with long barrel side by sides....never a good balance for me.
    But a handy little coach gun....now you have something that I could appreciate!!!!

Bottom line....you can't save them all. Better to have one that is useful and gets used than one that doesn't.

That's what I keep telling myself...It's handy, fits right so very little recoil..left barrel prints a tad high, right barrel dead on...Holds the pattern tight enough for chest work at 15-20 yards with number 4 buck.....

steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Boy, it's a shame some idiot cut the barrels down.... varied amounts of sarcasm intended

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Ya, the picture gives me a Jesse James vibe... until you see that shirt :p

You un-sophisticated rubes up in the Canadian part of the state cannot compete with the fashionista's down here in the hill country...We are fortunate to be mostly of Kentucky descent and manage to keep our superior clothing tastes...I'm so glad that, even though he lives in Canada, BBI is a true southern Indiana fashionista due to his eastern Kentucky roots....

BBI gets his shirts where Elvis did...Elvis...Think about that....:)

images

Last edited:

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Some of those doubles will come out of the hot blue tank as two singles. Bet it was them putting them back together that caused the issue.

Top Bottom