Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

User Info Menu

Ok if you listen to the people saying coach gun Iíd look at a 410, hornady makes a round that mixes bbs and solid copper disks I think itís called critical defense

as a pmr30 owner, Iíd say no to one for her! For the first thousand rounds I had at least 1 jam per magazine and sometimes more than one!
    Never too many sigs in your safe!-mike4sigs

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Hornady makes a .22 WMR Critical Defense round. 45 gr FTX. Saw it mentioned in an article on SD ammo a while back. It will create the "oh ****, I've been shot" factor.
    If your crystal meth dealer has all his teeth, he's a cop!

wcd

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shootersix View Post
    Ok if you listen to the people saying coach gun Iíd look at a 410, hornady makes a round that mixes bbs and solid copper disks I think itís called critical defense

as a pmr30 owner, Iíd say no to one for her! For the first thousand rounds I had at least 1 jam per magazine and sometimes more than one!
    If I was going to offer up a suggestion it might even involve a Henry Axe, Lever action, 410 and from what I have seen of it looks like it has a nice grip. Not sure if itís a Pistol? Or if both Long guns and pistols have to be registered in MI.

wcd

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmitty View Post
    And everyone knows you don't even have to aim a shotgun, just point it and shoot, plus as we know from Independence Day, ( Judd Hirsch) you have to rack a double barrel shotgun....Sorry the above should have been in purple.....
    If I recall crazy Joe even advised using your blaster through a closed door?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wcd View Post
    itís kind of a hike, thatís why I was hoping to be able to find a good LGS, Range to send her to. I suppose if it comes down to it my wife could go up there for a few days.

We have a history, since day one that my wife and I married. So I am trying to tread lightly. But after almost 20 years the whole you wonít make it past a year no longer holds water.
    I get it. My grandmother only warmed to my father when she was on her deathbed.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Leadeye View Post
    Break action 12 gauge double, coach length. Easy to understand, kills anything inside a home.
    Get a Judge. Higher capacity

wcd

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OakRiver View Post
    I get it. My grandmother only warmed to my father when she was on her deathbed.
    Yeah sad, she has never will admit she may have misjudged, or have been wrong.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wcd View Post
    Yeah sad, she has never will admit she may have misjudged, or have been wrong.
    Look at it this way: if you've proven her wrong, does she really have to admit it? Why give her that final victory of never acknowledging her error?

wcd

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OakRiver View Post
    Get a Judge. Higher capacity
    All this shot gun talk has renewed my interest in the Mossberg Retro Model.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Mossberg Shockwave in .410 bore.
    5 shots of self defense rounds in quick succession, and very easy to wield.
    It's also NOT a handgun, it's a "firearm" so no classes required, unless they require classes for long guns too.

Dormant U.S.Marine/ NRA Benefactor-Life

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast