Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Going to refrain from comment and help

wcd

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OakRiver View Post
    Look at it this way: if you've proven her wrong, does she really have to admit it? Why give her that final victory of never acknowledging her error?
    True....important thing is we are where we are. I would guess some couples would not have made it through some of life’s trials we have been through. 120k in med Bills when my son was born, Etc. We are very blessed.

wcd

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mgderf View Post
    Mossberg Shockwave in .410 bore.
    5 shots of self defense rounds in quick succession, and very easy to wield.
    It's also NOT a handgun, it's a "firearm" so no classes required, unless they require classes for long guns too.
    I think that’s where it gets fuzzy? Technically I am not sure if it is considered a long gun? If it comes down to It I will check the statutes on line for clarity.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wcd View Post
    True....important thing is we are where we are. I would guess some couples would not have made it through some of life’s trials we have been through. 120k in med Bills when my son was born, Etc. We are very blessed.
    Let your revenge be the laughter of your children. You and your wife can celebrate generations stretching into the future, because you knew you were right.

User Info Menu

I'll throw a few out there. A hand gun for someone with limited grip/arm strength I'd seriously consider the S&W shield E-Z in either .380 or 9mm. I have yet to see a person at the store who couldn't rack the slide or depress the follower on the magazines to load it. If your looking at a shot gun a Mossberg 500 Tactical in 20 Ga. (Actually any dependable 18 to 20 inch barreled shotgun in 20 Ga. I just like Mossbergs.)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wcd View Post
    The queen of you do not need more than 3 rounds regardless of application and environment has now decided she needs a home defense gun.
    Thoughts

It's perfect.

Though, realistically, I'd recommend a beretta CX4 storm. It's going to be about as practical of an option as is possible for someone with very limited firearms experience, to still be able to use confidently.

What ever you do, do not give or advise an inexperienced person to get a shotgun, handgun, or worst of all, a pistol grip only shotgun.
    Do not interrupt your enemy while they are making a mistake.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tombs View Post

It's perfect.

Though, realistically, I'd recommend a beretta CX4 storm. It's going to be about as practical of an option as is possible for someone with very limited firearms experience, to still be able to use confidently.

What ever you do, do not give or advise an inexperienced person to get a shotgun, handgun, or worst of all, a pistol grip only shotgun.
    That gun is magnificent.
    Member #602

Midnight Rider

User Info Menu

If you cannot get across safe firearms handling, you could be doing more damage than good.

Some folks just cannot get around themselves and can not or will not likely ever have the mental acumen to learn.

I have a couple acquaintances that I just WOULD NOT assist to arm themselves or better arm themselves.

Sometime abstinence is the best solution. "I'm sorry, I cannot help you..."
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and I’m on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

Grandmaster DeadeyeChrista'sdad's Avatar

User Info Menu

She's a big girl. Advise her to shop around her local gun shops. And send her some serious mace, or bear spray, as recommended above.
    Beto is one of "Those" people that you hope to one day be able to throat punch.

User Info Menu

Go big or go home. Barrett M82.
    Tulta munille! HAKKAA PÄÄLLE

User Info Menu

Ruger LCR in 22lr has 8 shots. Is light weight and basically no recoil, has a smooth trigger pull. They also have it in 22 magnum 6 shot. If low recoil light weight and rimfire is the choice she might consider the LCR.

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast