Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    wcd

User Info Menu

Going to refrain from comment and help

The queen of you do not need more than 3 rounds regardless of application and environment has now decided she needs a home defense gun. Again I am not going to stir the pot other than to convey unless she plans on becoming familiar , learning safe handling, do not bother.

So MIL lives Near Ann Arbor, so having been sometime since I have Lived in Michigan I really have no I idea where to send her for sound advice and guidance for her purchase.

She has also asked about recommendations my wife has told her to avoid a semi auto as she has issues with her thumbs, and a revolver may be the best option?

Thoughts

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

I remember you referring to her in the past and no, I got nothing.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldnít

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

There's been some discussion here about the Smith and Wesson EZ Shield 380.

User Info Menu

Is this the Thanksgiving dinner MIL? Sounds like she's coming around.

wcd

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    I remember you referring to her in the past and no, I got nothing.
    Before she had considered it. Now she is serious.
    Seems that there was a Homicide in her Building, she lives in a condo. So now itís front and center. seems like a 10/22 might be an option, guess we will wait and see where it goes.

wcd

User Info Menu

One and only! Again I am trying not to be judge mental, So I will do what I can short of inviting her over to use the range.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Many will scoff at the idea, but she might consider the Kel-Tec PMR-30
    It is a lowly .22magnum, but it is easy to rack the slide, easy to control the miniscule recoil, and it has a 30 round magazine.

I don't care if it is only a .22mag, 30 rounds of ANYTHING is going to be an attention getter.
    A couple extra mags and you are looking at 90 rounds!

Disclaimer,
    Since we're talking Michigan, and I don't know the laws, it very well could be illegal to have a 30 round mag.
    Another thought, living in a condo, is there a homeowners association that would disapprove?
    Dormant U.S.Marine/ NRA Benefactor-Life

User Info Menu

wcd

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mgderf View Post
    Many will scoff at the idea, but she might consider the Kel-Tec PMR-30
    It is a lowly .22magnum, but it is easy to rack the slide, easy to control the miniscule recoil, and it has a 30 round magazine.

I don't care if it is only a .22mag, 30 rounds of ANYTHING is going to be an attention getter.
    A couple extra mags and you are looking at 90 rounds!

Disclaimer,
    Since we're talking Michigan, and I don't know the laws, it very well could be illegal to have a 30 round mag.
    Another thought, living in a condo, is there a homeowners association that would disapprove?
    Not sure I would think Private Property rights would prevail. I am right there with you although a 22Lr or 22Magnum would not be my choice, that being said a rim fire on target is nothing to discount.

My wife talked to her today, and low and behold she could not just walk in a pay for it, and leave you know! Is that the taste of the NPR coolaid going bad?

User Info Menu

Can you take her to a range to try a few firearms, and see what works best for her? That way she'll be much more invested in the decision, and more likely to develop good firearm handling habits.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast