• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    So my dad is a little older the churchmouse. He joined me and my boy at the range to shot his new to him Shield EZ 380 that I bought and he ended up with because he liked it more than I figured. (That was another thread)

Anyway, I had brought along my wife's Springer RO in 9mm. Dad had mentioned he'd never shot one before and I figured he should try it. So I loaded up a mag and let him give it a go. I had 2 large plates and 2 small 8" plates at about 15 yards. Now dad's not the best pistol shot. He's great with a shotgun thought. He was ringing the 8" plates and couldn't miss. Several mags later he finally stops and just looks at the R.O. He said "Wow. This thing is awesome. I couldn't miss."

I saw a smile that was coming close to the one he had after shooting his first machine gun a few years ago at our INGO full auto meet up.

And my 9 year old son ran 200 rounds through his M&P 22 full size. The kids addicted already.

Good times!

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    Having your dad and sun all together had to be a great day. The 1911 is just that one gun that I enjoy the most. I would sell all my CZ’s in a heartbeat to keep my 1911’s.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    That is awesome. I read your other thread abiut the EZ. My dad is slowly starting to show interest in guns. He has a couple of shotguns and a 22 that he hunts with. Lately he has been checking out some that I have and even said sometime we have to go shoot. I think he is interested in a handgun to have at home.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    What a wonderful day at the range with your family members. There is nothing like it. As for the 1911, it’s true, there is also nothing like it. Peace. Out.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I love my 1911s! I have many other pistols and revolvers but there is just something about a 1911 in my hand, much like a good Pre Lock Smith N Frame. I have 1911s in 22 to 10mm and they all shoot well.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I'm not an old guy (yet, but hope to be someday), and to push this a bit further, I've said many times in different threads that I could go to shooting nothing but revolvers and live a perfectly happy life. But if I had to choose between a revolver and 1911... oof that's a tough one. On any given day I could easily pick one over the other. But I'd probably pick the 1911 just because IMO it's an easier design to shoot really well, maintain and keep clean. Ever taken the sideplate off a S&W revolver and see all those little parts and hidden springs?!? Burn marks on the cylinder face, keeping the forcing cone clean... revolvers seem simple enough but they have a lot going on with lots of holes to clean.

I only say all this because when I first started shooting, the two platforms I firmly said I was completely uninterested in were revolvers and 1911s. I've taken lots of twists and turns as I've learned and discovered what works well for me from the days when I couldn't possibly understand why anyone would want something besides a striker-fired polymer pistol. And as someone else said upstream, as much as I absolutely love my CZ pistols, I'd give them up before my 1911s.

Top Bottom