Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2020
    Terre Haute
    Passing this along:

For immediate release
    : May 14, 2020

Shooting ranges reopening
    [FONT=&amp]Starting the week of May 18, most DNR Division of Fish & Wildlife-owned shooting ranges will begin to reopen.

[FONT=&amp]All facilities will be following COVID-19 social distancing and cleaning requirements. Restrictions will reduce the number of recreational shooters on the shooting ranges at a given time.

[/FONT]Atterbury Fish & Wildlife Area’s shooting range will open by appointment only May 15-17 and resume normal operating hours the week of May 18. Shooters wishing to schedule an appointment should call 812-526-6552.

[FONT=&amp]All other FWA shooting ranges, except the one at Willow Slough FWA, will reopen starting the week of May 18. Shooting range hours differ between ranges. Check open days and hours before visiting. Willow Slough FWA’s range will remain closed until further notice. [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Shooting range hours and information can be found at wildlife.IN.gov/3648.htm. [/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]For the most up-to-date information on DNR’s response to COVID-19, including what is open and closed, visit on.IN.gov/dnrcovid19.

To view all DNR news releases, please see
    [FONT=&amp]dnr.IN.gov.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]-30-
    [/FONT]

MongooseLaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 5, 2019
    Albion
    Thanks for posting this, I've been wanting to get back to the Mongo DNR range, I have some rifles ready to tear up some paper at 100 yards. singlesix is right, weekends will probably be crazy....I'll try to sneak out there Monday or Tuesday

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    actually.....
    pent up demand.....
    may be a myth?

I got an appointment @ Atterbury Sat. 1pm.

20 shooters when I arrived.

I was last shooter when retrieving my targets @2:10pm

great they're open

yes, they never should have closed.

Gov. & box are pathetic...

will breath deep & hold my nose on Nov. 3rd.

HGGMB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2016
    NWI
    Some have already mentioned above about possible pent-up demand.

For anyone else that goes to a DNR range, would you also please post up your experience:

- Which range you went to
    - Day and time
    - Number of people, or lack thereof, you saw there shooting

And anything else you found interesting.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Some have already mentioned above about possible pent-up demand.

For anyone else that goes to a DNR range, would you also please post up your experience:

- Which range you went to
    - Day and time
    - Number of people, or lack thereof, you saw there shooting

And anything else you found interesting.

Thanks!

Well I have not "physically" gone.I hope to go to the Winamac FWA range on this Sunday. However... I did call the Winamac FWA this AM to inquire about the rifle range and skeet/trap ranges, and their availability or any special requirements, allowable number of people per range etc... The lady I talked to said that yesterday (18 May 2020) they opened for the first time. The lady indicated that the rifle range had about 50 people throughout the day. She was not sure on the skeet/trap range as far as number of people? She indicated to me that there is no limit on how many can be on the range. The range has set in place spray cleaner and wipes at the shooting benches. She said they also have hand sanitizer available to use.I asked if there was a limit of people per shooting group/party? She indicated...no...no limit. I asked about requirements of masks? She indicated that, no there is no requirement for mask and Pulaski county no longer has a requirement for them. She said however if one chooses to they may wear a mask. Just as a FYI, per this person, the Winamac ranges now have a full time salaried range officer. So that is information from this (19 May 2020) AM for the Winamac FWA range. Hope this is helpful?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Plan on hitting Winamac Friday.

As far as having a full time RO, I believe they've had this for a few years now. Dan and Don are the 2 I most frequently run into when I go. Both very nice older Gentlemen, I'm guessing, in their upper 60s or 70s

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Plan on hitting Winamac Friday.

As far as having a full time RO, I believe they've had this for a few years now. Dan and Don are the 2 I most frequently run into when I go. Both very nice older Gentlemen, I'm guessing, in their upper 60s or 70s

Yes I knew those gentlemen as well.Very nice. However, according to this lady at the Winamac FWA office this AM.They were never full time salaried RO's. This gentleman's name is Ralph and she indicated his position as a full time salaried range officer is a something new? She said he has been the RO there for awhile just not a full time position?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Yes I knew those gentlemen as well.Very nice. However, according to this lady at the Winamac FWA office this AM.They were never full time salaried RO's. This gentleman's name is Ralph and she indicated his position as a full time salaried range officer is a something new? She said he has been the RO there for awhile just not a full time position?

I think I've met Ralph as well. If it's the guy I'm thinking hes a nice guy as well. Seems like the only time I hear any of them say anything is if they hear someone shooting to fast.

I'll post up my experience after going Friday. I've always like Winamac and that's where we hold our Annual NWI INGO Youth shoot.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom