• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    So late last year, I wanted to see how difficult it would be to split a playing card with a 22 pistol. So I tried my hand at it. I was successful, twice with two different pistols. Now I try it every chance I get. It's always so much fun. When I brought it up on INGO, I was surprised how many people have never tried it.

So I want to fix that. Hence this challenge. The winner will get a year Site Supporter status on me. If you already have the badge, we'll tack on another 12 months.

So here's the rules. Try and split a playing card at a minimum of 7 yards with a .22 lr or .22 WMR pistol. Post a picture of the gun, the split card and give a brief description of how many tries it took you. If you want to make a video, that's fine also.

Get your family involved too and make it a family & friends event if you want. Each successful split with get entered to win. Just put each one in a separate post.

The deadline will be June 30th, 2020

I'll pic the winning post with a random online number generator.

Here's my first two splits.

LGp66A2.jpg

SjEWDTB.jpg

So get out there and give it a shot or two.....or three.....or fifty.......or a brick!!

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Bigtanker Bigtanker
    Smile 2020 Card Splitting Challenge***WIN A PRIZE***

Hey, Bigtanker, you didn't mention how long it took you to get both of those cards split.
    10 or 100 rds.?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Bigtanker Bigtanker
    Smile 2020 Card Splitting Challenge***WIN A PRIZE***

Hey, Bigtanker, you didn't mention how long it took you to get both of those cards split.
    10 or 100 rds.?

I forgot exactly how many but it was the first load. I didn't reload either of them. And the Heritage was done at 10 yards. I'll see if I can dig up the post.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    X

Miss!
    EtsBYgv.jpg

That's from last spring's woodswalk. 50 caliber cva caplock woods carbine purchased from an INGOer several years ago. It had been rainy and humid, and the cards bowed. Easier to see, harder to bisect cleanly.

If anyone can fix my #$(ñ pic, please, have at.
    (Got it for you,
    Bigtanker)

Last edited by a moderator:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Having the card as close to 90 degrees off the barrel is of extreme importance but, as bad as I hate to say it for 95% of the shooters I see at the range it would simply be dumb luck, even off of a rest. Pro tip... Before trying to get the card set up right start out with a magic marker and just drawing a line on the paper and see if you can hit that consistently.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Having the card as close to 90 degrees off the barrel is of extreme importance but, as bad as I hate to say it for 95% of the shooters I see at the range it would simply be dumb luck, even off of a rest. Pro tip... Before trying to get the card set up right start out with a magic marker and just drawing a line on the paper and see if you can hit that consistently.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

Way to be a debbie downer.

Top Bottom