• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    Hi, I was wondering if this sounds right to you.I bought this rifle shot it at range and came home to clean bore etc.I bought a regular .22 cleaning kit, nothing fancy.I put a cleaning patch thru the slot in plastic top and tried to put down barrel from the breech.It would NOT GO DOWN BARREL.So instead of being able to use a patch, I had to just use a bore mop I call it.I have always had quality guns and never had this happen to me before.Is this normal ?:rolleyes:

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    If the patch won't go in with the slotted tip try a straight jag. What ever you do don't force it if it is that tight. I have some .22 specific patches that I have to cut in two and only use 1/2 at a time. They are snug enough @ 1/2.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If the patch won't go in with the slotted tip try a straight jag. What ever you do don't force it if it is that tight. I have some .22 specific patches that I have to cut in two and only use 1/2 at a time. They are snug enough @ 1/2.

Yep, this. When using a patch, I cut it down to probably only about a 3/4" square. I use a bore snake most of the time.

diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    This rifle has a BENZ chamber I think they call it, THIS gotta be the issue, I am guessing,This rifle LOVES CCI 36 grain hollow point CPHP varmint, fired for first time and it clustered after minor adjusting of scope,NOW finding this ammo is about as hard as saving for rifle, LOL.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Proper .22 sized patches are a must. A lot of folks on the cz forums use string trimmer line as bore snakes. Cut an appropriate length and tie a knot in one end. Poke the line through the .22 patch and run it down to the knot. I use bore snakes on my cz rifles and they seem to get the job done.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I just use those 1 inch hops patches and push them in with a brass rod. After 3rd patch its clean, no solvents or anything especially if you are shooting quality ammo.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    This rifle has a BENZ chamber I think they call it, THIS gotta be the issue, I am guessing,This rifle LOVES CCI 36 grain hollow point CPHP varmint, fired for first time and it clustered after minor adjusting of scope,NOW finding this ammo is about as hard as saving for rifle, LOL.

"Bentz" chamber. Should not cause the aforementioned stoppage. Smaller patch on a jag should solve the problem. Patchworm makes a good system and will sell felt buttons of the proper diameter to use with their pull through system.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Proper .22 sized patches are a must. A lot of folks on the cz forums use string trimmer line as bore snakes. Cut an appropriate length and tie a knot in one end. Poke the line through the .22 patch and run it down to the knot. I use bore snakes on my cz rifles and they seem to get the job done.

I usually heat the line and push the end into a hole in some plexiglass on the bench. I've forgotten the exact diameter of the drill i used for the hole but it must be smaller than the bore by enough that the patch has room to work.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I usually use Bore Snakes on my rifles including the CZs. Occasionally I’ll use a regular brass brush and Shooters Choice for an extra dirty bore but normally a couple of pulls with the Bore Snake is sufficient. When I use a patch I cut them to fit the bore and push through from chamber to muzzle trying to protect the crown. Seems to work fine for me.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom