Join INGunOwners For Free
    Plinker

User Info Menu

REBLUEING A RUGER MARK2 .22lr

Hey, I picked up a used .22 ruger mark2 from a ingo member.I want to try and reblue it at home. I have never tried this project and am wondering what product to use.And what worked best for you guys ? All I see is BIRCHWOOD-CASEY.Should I use paste or ;iquid , if I go that route.Is there another route I could go ? HYDRO-DIP is a idea I also had, dont know if THAT is a good idea, never done that either.Any other options, I am open to listening.

User Info Menu

I used Nu Blu from Stock Doc on an old .22 and was very happy with the results.
    https://stockdocusa.com/shop/ols/products/nu-blu-8-oz

I realize these aren't the same place on the barrel, but they are representative.

Before:

After:
    Last edited by epeery; 05-28-2020 at 20:42. Reason: Added pictures
    "IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM"

User Info Menu

Read several diff times over the years that Ruger did reblues at decent price.

Dunno if that the case now, or what turnaround time is. Id email or call em.

Marksman

User Info Menu

It takes a long time, but I've gotten excellent results with Slow Rust Bluing(Brownell's Classic American Rust Bluing Solution)

Master

User Info Menu

Brownells has a wider variety of bluing products.

User Info Menu

I've seen some good cold blue jobs. Secret is in the prep work and using a fresh cotton ball every time you apply solution to metal. Every stroke, use a new cotton ball.

Blue jobs . . . . .past tense?

Parkerizing lollipops since 1973.