• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joshua

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2020
    Central
    I know that a lot of people are dismissing the pandemic and think social distancing is foolish. I'm not here to argue about that. I am curious whether any shops or tabletop FFLs are offering transfers while respecting social distancing? I'm looking to get an AR lower soon, but I also don't want to go hang out in an enclosed space with random people and possibly bring something back to my family, especially with this new thing that's killing kids. I guess I could always go jump on Armslist and hope to find someone selling a lower for a reasonable price, but that's a crapshoot. The last time I tried to go through Armslist the crown was so banged up it looked like the guy had used the muzzle as a hammer at some point. It just seems more reliable to order a stripped lower from Brownell's and have an FFL-01 holder willing to do the transfer at a safe distance take receipt for me.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Unfortunately my lgs is only allowing 1 person in at a time and they do have an Anderson AR 15 lower in stock if you are looking for one.

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    Been to 4 different places during this whole thing and had 4 different experiences. 3 here and 1 in MI. Michigan was at Rural King to pick up a transfer and they only allowed 1 person in the gun area at a time. Bass Pro had X's on the floor 6 feet apart at their gun counter. One LGS had X's on the floor 6 feet apart and plexi dividers on the counter between you and the sales people and they are limiting occupancy. Last LGS, small place business as usual just a sign asking if you or someone in your family was sick to please be considerate of others and not enter. Guess it just depends on where you go, best bet may be to call to check how a given place is handling things especially since practices seem to keep changing.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    One area gun store had new maximum occupancy signage on the door, but staff wasn't enforcing the occupancy or social distancing. Nor did the off-duty cop who came in to shop follow the posted rules. Half the showroom was blocked off, creating a bottleneck queue for customers near the front door. One unmasked employee had visible cold/flu/upper respiratory symptoms but was still working up front. I didn't stay long.

Now I'm having a transfer done at a home-based FFL this week, and following communications with the place we're both going to wear masks.

I'd call ahead to the places around you to see how they are operating and what's in stock. No judgment here - you shouldn't be shamed for doing whatever makes you most comfortable and keeps your loved ones safe.

Top Bottom