• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    Hi, my CZ 457 MTR shoots 36 grain CPHP CCI very very well.I cant find ANY to buy, and one website said/infered they might discontinue these rounds , does this sound right ? What have you CZ shooters find that shoots excellent out of these rifles ? I am thinking I might have to start buying ELEY HOLLOW ammo to get same results.I also read that the CZ with match chambers wont shoot STINGERS, cant get them into chamber ? :(

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    CCI discontinue Minimags??? Highly doubtful, that's been one of their biggest sellers for, well, since I was a young lad. But then again, the way things are anymore with corporate ownership it really wouldn't surprise me any. Gotta cut costs and make the stock more profitable!

And yes, Stingers aren't advised for use in CZs. Their chambers are cut a little tighter and the longer case of the Stinger can cause some issues.

If you'll looking something a little less expensive than the European ammo, get some Aguila HVHP. I actually like it better than Minimags. In most of my rifles it is a little more accurate and fewer flyers. Last I bought was even cheaper than the Minis also.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    My CZ rimfires generally prefer SV ammo over higher velocity stuff, though Mini Mags do fine. I have had very good results with Wolf Target & Wolf Extra though they are pricey.

Aguila does perform well and, surprisingly, CCI Blazer .22 is pretty consistent, especially for the price point.

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    My cz 457s love SK rifle match. It's just barely subsonic which is very quiet out of a 24.8" barrel. Lapua also shoots very well but is more spendy. The lowest I go with the Czs is Norma subsonic, which is rws stamp but not as $$.

Top Bottom