• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    Has anyone tried eley hollow for accuracy and consistency ? I am thinking about going to this ammo for everything,why practice with another ammo when you hunt with this,results will be different.:D

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    I shoot most everything with some combination of CCI SV, Gemtech, or Eley Target/Club. Mini-mags are handy in only one rifle, because the chamber runs better with them.

No matter, really.

Mark106

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2020
    Terre Haute
    Has anyone tried eley hollow for accuracy and consistency ? I am thinking about going to this ammo for everything,why practice with another ammo when you hunt with this,results will be different.:D

If you've already bought some, I'd run some and put it on paper and see what you think.
    If you're satisfied with the results on paper, should make a great hunting round. Eley's always had good QC.
    I'm half laughing at myself; got several thou rounds of HV and my game has changed from plinking to seeking more precision and distance, and I'm going through the SV while the HV stuff sits.
    Both my semi-auto .22s are digging the CCI Standard really well.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I personally have had better luck with lrn instead of hp. If im shooting subs I use Eley Contact and use the Eley Force on everthing else. For some reason I get better consistency with heavier rounds. Im not saying the Tenex or Biathlon arent good by any means but the Contact and Force are just more economical imho. I do have some CCI lrn for plinking and for the gkids to shoot. They have had good enough success with them to keep'm happy.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I haven't been scientific with my documentation, but generally I've found the rounds to be as accurate as CCI rounds. I used a tacsol 10/22 threaded bull barrel and a Gemtech GM22. I use sub sonic HP Eley rounds.

BoilerWes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    The Eley Subsonic HPs are pretty decent ammo. I’ve found that I like CCI Segmented Subsonics even better for small critter shooting if we are talking hunting ammo.

For precision ammo, Lapua Center X performs the best for me.

Shooting these out of a Kidd Super grade Rifle.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I wasn't too impressed by the HP, especially for the price. Not saying it won't shoot good for you in your rifle, but in the 2 rifles I tried it in I am getting better accuracy with other ammo for the same or even less $.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Used CCI shorts with a phillips point pressed into the cavities for a nice wet "whop". But that was 45 years ago and I have no idea now about the consistency of their ammo.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I think the Eley are accurate. My sons used them for some 4H competitions and worked well. The one that seemed to be the most accurate were some Remington HP Yellow Jackets - at least for their competitions. But I haven't seen them for sale in a few years. Remington might not make them anymore?

Top Bottom