Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Info Menu

Polk Con'ty sheriff reminds rioters/looters that people there like their guns

‘Leave the community alone’: Polk County sheriff reminds rioters and looters that the people there like their guns

"The people in Polk County like guns, they have guns, I encourage them to own guns... And if you try to break into their homes to steal, to set fires, I'm highly recommending they blow you back out of the house with their guns."

Movie dialogue or real-life dialogue? You make the choice.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Sounds like common sense dialog, but this IS 2020, and we're supposed to be "enlightened", whatever that means to you...

Breaking into a house that may contain firearms could be a very bad career decision.
    Dormant U.S.Marine/ NRA Benefactor-Life

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

My dad was a WW 2 veteran, had a long standing saying:

"your rights end where mine begin."

Essentially meaning you don't have the right to deny my rights.

User Info Menu

My Dad was WW2 Navy and he told me the same thing many times. "Your rights end where someone else's begin." Common sense for all ages.

User Info Menu

Just give me one thing I can hold on to.........

User Info Menu

Nobody lurks better than I...

User Info Menu

pretty much how it was when i lived in seminole county '87-'98.

subdivision i lived in had a rash of break ins and thefts while people were home.
    led to a huge neighborhood watch meeting with the sherriff's dept. many residents "in a panic" about what they should do...

sherriff suggested 2 things, get a dog, and a gun....

never had any issues within a block of my house.....

Plinker

User Info Menu

Had a somewhat similar experience this evening. Stopped in my local grociery store that is in NW Indiana very near the border of IL. An IL resident was shopping tjhere (we get A LOT of IL shoppers) and while in the checkout line he asked if we had any issues with protesters or rioters. I said not in my area but there were some looting of major big box stores far south of me, but the police I feel now had matters well in hand. He remarked how thankful he was that the Mexican gangs that run his town were along with the CPD keeping the rioters at bay.

I remarked UNLIKE Chitcago, and much of Illinois, here in Indiana if it comes down to it and police aren't sufficient, we will still be just fine because we Hoosiere just LOVE OUR GUNS and we have laws that allow us to be #1-To be VERY well armed and capable of defending our lives and property and #2-If they began to riot in my area police response would be the least of rioters problems, and to riot in most towns in Indiana would most certainly subject the rioters to the most extreme of consequences as we Hoosiers take our 2nd Amendments rights as seriously as our rights to defend ourselves and our homes and businesses.

The look of astonishment on his face at my statements was rather enjoyable.
    Last edited by DMTJAGER; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:56.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crewchief888 View Post

sherriff suggested 2 things, get a dog, and a gun....

My parents home was broken into several years ago out in the country. They both went to town for maybe 30 minutes.They ask the deputy about getting an alarm system. He said the same thing a dog and a gun. The weird part dad had his 22 rifle on the wall they never took it. They were after their pills and cash.
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

User Info Menu

I recommend 2 Big dogs inside the house (preferably German Shepherds). If the bad guy shoots one the other will get him or at least delay them long enough for me to wake up and grab my gun.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast