Lake County

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Sounds like common sense dialog, but this IS 2020, and we're supposed to be "enlightened", whatever that means to you...

Breaking into a house that may contain firearms could be a very bad career decision.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    My dad was a WW 2 veteran, had a long standing saying:

"your rights end where mine begin."

Essentially meaning you don't have the right to deny my rights.

68NOVA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2016
    nwi
    73da7f1c-468f-4744-8be6-c55ba122a7c6_text.gif

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    pretty much how it was when i lived in seminole county '87-'98.

subdivision i lived in had a rash of break ins and thefts while people were home.
    led to a huge neighborhood watch meeting with the sherriff's dept. many residents "in a panic" about what they should do...

sherriff suggested 2 things, get a dog, and a gun....

never had any issues within a block of my house.....

:cheers:

DMTJAGER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2020
    WHITING
    Had a somewhat similar experience this evening. Stopped in my local grociery store that is in NW Indiana very near the border of IL. An IL resident was shopping tjhere (we get A LOT of IL shoppers) and while in the checkout line he asked if we had any issues with protesters or rioters. I said not in my area but there were some looting of major big box stores far south of me, but the police I feel now had matters well in hand. He remarked how thankful he was that the Mexican gangs that run his town were along with the CPD keeping the rioters at bay.

I remarked UNLIKE Chitcago, and much of Illinois, here in Indiana if it comes down to it and police aren't sufficient, we will still be just fine because we Hoosiere just LOVE OUR GUNS and we have laws that allow us to be #1-To be VERY well armed and capable of defending our lives and property and #2-If they began to riot in my area police response would be the least of rioters problems, and to riot in most towns in Indiana would most certainly subject the rioters to the most extreme of consequences as we Hoosiers take our 2nd Amendments rights as seriously as our rights to defend ourselves and our homes and businesses.

The look of astonishment on his face at my statements was rather enjoyable.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    sherriff suggested 2 things, get a dog, and a gun....

:cheers:

My parents home was broken into several years ago out in the country. They both went to town for maybe 30 minutes.They ask the deputy about getting an alarm system. He said the same thing a dog and a gun. The weird part dad had his 22 rifle on the wall they never took it. They were after their pills and cash.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I recommend 2 Big dogs inside the house (preferably German Shepherds). If the bad guy shoots one the other will get him or at least delay them long enough for me to wake up and grab my gun.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    My son lives in an urban apartment in Orlando and upon hearing protest from their window called to ask about Castle Doctrine. I reminded him that taking a life is an awful task that should not be taken lightly. I also told home that he has a huge responsibility as a father and husband to protect the ones he loves. You cross the threshold into my home uninvited you are a threat to my safety and will be dealt with in the manner appropriate for the moment.

Top Bottom