• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Truthfully, it has been several months since I have shot. I'd like to get out this month to see if I can split a card for Bigtanker's contest thread, but I don't know that it will happen.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    High point (not the brand :-) ) was around 350 per month based on reorder interval per 1K. Since March that has significantly slowed down, mostly due to cost and opportunity.

The side benefit has been much more dry fire, with and without a laser cartridge. That has caused me to reevaluate my practice regimen and allowed me to make useful changes. As an example, I had a nasty push left with live fire I just couldn't beat. Eventually with the laser cartridge based dry fire I decided to go down one grip size (M&P 2.0), and saw an immediate change during the next range session. Waiting now to see what happens when on the clock.

I am also intentionally ramping up 22LR use. I picked up a TX22, which is a reasonable understudy for the M&P.

At current 9mm cost, and restart of competition, I will try to hold monthly usage at no more than 250 rounds. Unfortunately, after say 60 rounds for comp at 2 weeks per month that only leaves around 30 rounds per week for fun and practice. (ughhh)

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Prob 100 ish on average. I just don't have the time to dedicate to practice especially during my busy season which runs until April typically but has been extended this year. I'm hoping to take some more dedicated classes and increase my count.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Prob 100 ish on average. I just don't have the time to dedicate to practice especially during my busy season which runs until April typically but has been extended this year. I'm hoping to take some more dedicated classes and increase my count.

Finding time can be a pain especially if you have to travel to send a few down range.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    450 rounds of 9mm this afternoon. 147gr reloads. G19, G19X and Sig 226, each has 6 mags.

I made about 8000rds since the Corona shutdown.

It would be a lot more if I had brought the AR9's.

climber1218

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 2, 2011
    Converse
    I don't get out much in the winter, however, I try to get out every few weeks in the summer. Since I don't compete, I usually shoot a few hundred rounds per month in the summer except during the month of August...I go to Montana every year and shoot a few thousand during those two weeks!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've slowed down my shooting a lot because of the ammunition drying up. I'm down to maybe 600rd a month now. That excludes holidays. Flag day (Flag Day is also dads birthday) and the 4th of July is a big shooting time for my family. Several thousand rds on just two days.

Top Bottom