• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Good shoot. Perp points Taser at officer from a few feet away while attempting to escape. Had he fired and connected, would have been a simple matter to relieve the officer of his gun and kill him. Should have followed the same admonition which we’ve heard over and over: obey the police commands and while you may end up arrested, you’ll be alive to fight the charges.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Good: the drunk escalated it to a level deadly force was authorized.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It doesn’t matter what we might think. From now until a democrat takes over the presidency, every interaction that involves this particular racial combination that has similar results will be blown up all over the news until the next one happens.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I watched the different angles the body cam is worthless other than sound (in my case subtitles). The other angle shows the guy running away then points what looked like a gun at the officer he fires. Then the officer fired at him. After reading about it I found out he took a taser off one of the officers. If the officer had gotten hit by the taser what would have stopped the guy from getting the officers gun and shooting him and the other officer? He already showed he has no problem grabbing a weapon and using it.. IMO it's a good shooting.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    How long will it take the lawyers to find the right jury of SJW's to sit in judgement. I'm guessing the upcoming trials will make the OJ thing look like some of the best trial lawyerin' ever seen.

People are so bending over backwards right now to show how supportive they are of this shift that they will happily convict in spite of whatever evidence to the contrary is shown. the system is failing rapidly and these events are only the start

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Beat the crap out of two cops, stole their taser, and went to shoot them with it. Completely justified. The officer was fired without cause, to appease the BLM mob.

HOWEVER, this is yet another example of police officers being forced to go to guns because they lacked the empty-handed skills to subdue and arrest someone. Legally okay, but the shooting shouldn't have happened because things shouldn't have been allowed to get to that point. These two cops weren't capable of winning a fight against a drunk. We need to be able to look past the justified/unjustified binary and consider what lessons could be learned about how to avoid an event like this. He should have been on the ground within three seconds of trying to pull away from the police. That doesn't mean the officers deserve harsh reprimand, but they shot because they failed at everything except the gun.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    It doesn’t matter what we might think. From now until a democrat takes over the presidency, every interaction that involves this particular racial combination that has similar results will be blown up all over the news until the next one happens.

Do you really think it will end when a Democrat is elected president? Despite the current rioting/looting, such events were more frequent under Obama than Trump. Remember, no crisis should go to waste, especially the manufactured ones.

From what I've seen it was justified but I'm not sure how much that even matters when the mob is out for blood as they are now.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Do you really think it will end when a Democrat is elected president? Despite the current rioting/looting, such events were more frequent under Obama than Trump. Remember, no crisis should go to waste, especially the manufactured ones.

From what I've seen it was justified but I'm not sure how much that even matters when the mob is out for blood as they are now.

Yes. Yes, I do. Maybe on Day 1. Or it might take awhile as the media drifts off to sleep so as to ignore the incidents that seem to ignite the outrage.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Beat the crap out of two cops, stole their taser, and went to shoot them with it. Completely justified. The officer was fired without cause, to appease the BLM mob.

HOWEVER, this is yet another example of police officers being forced to go to guns because they lacked the empty-handed skills to subdue and arrest someone. Legally okay, but the shooting shouldn't have happened because things shouldn't have been allowed to get to that point. These two cops weren't capable of winning a fight against a drunk. We need to be able to look past the justified/unjustified binary and consider what lessons could be learned about how to avoid an event like this. He should have been on the ground within three seconds of trying to pull away from the police. That doesn't mean the officers deserve harsh reprimand, but they shot because they failed at everything except the gun.

Spot-on.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Why do you think it will magically change after Biden steals the election?? It ain't Bernie, so no justice, no peace.

And this stuff really is about more than just who's in power.

Yes. Yes, I do. Maybe on Day 1. Or it might take awhile as the media drifts off to sleep so as to ignore the incidents that seem to ignite the outrage.
    Methinks thou doth convey on them too much power.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    It's not in Induana, but let's go to Indiana Code, the rules that apply to everyone in Indiana.

IC 35-41-3-3

(b) A law enforcement officer is justified in using reasonable force if the officer reasonably believes that the force is necessary to effect a lawful arrest. However, an officer is justified in using deadly force only if the officer:

(1) has probable cause to believe that that deadly force is necessary:

(A) to prevent the commission of a forcible felony; or

(B) to effect an arrest of a person who the officer has probable cause to believe poses a threat of serious bodily injury to the officer or a third person; and

(2) has given a warning, if feasible, to the person against whom the deadly force is to be used.

That's Indiana code. So if it was here, good shoot.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Seems to be a confusing issue for the Mayor of Atlanta too.

Second City Cop

A TALE OF TWO INCIDENTS by The Atlanta DA's Office and the Atlanta Mayor.

Incident 1) 5 Atlanta Police Officers fired last week for using a taser to remove two college students from a car. Officers were fired because the Atlanta District Attorney's Office deemed the Officer's use of the taser was DEADLY PHYSICAL FORCE.

Incident 2) A suspect who failed a field sobriety test and deemed Driving While Intoxicated resists arrest, fights with police, steals the officers taser (robbery) and escapes. During the pursuit, the suspect turns and fires the taser at the officer's head and was shot and eventually dies. The Atlanta mayor calls for the Officer to be fired because he used deadly physical force against a taser.

BURNING QUESTION: Why is using a taser considered Deadly Physical Force when it's used by a police officer but not Deadly Physical Force when used against a police officer by a suspect?

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    As said upthread, he could disable the officer and get his gun, assuming the other officer couldn't gain control of the scene, which wouldn't be a stretch.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Good shoot. Perp points Taser at officer from a few feet away while attempting to escape. Had he fired and connected, would have been a simple matter to relieve the officer of his gun and kill him. Should have followed the same admonition which we’ve heard over and over: obey the police commands and while you may end up arrested, you’ll be alive to fight the charges.

Re the perp trying to shoot the officer with a taser - had he been successful, there was a second officer there to deal with the situation.

Re obeying police commands, up until a couple of years ago I would have agreed, and my approach would still be to comply and sort it out later. However, there have been too many well-documented cases where police have been overzealous with the use of force. I fully understand why a black person might think that complying is a bad idea. And then there's George Floyd - I'd say that being face down with hands cuffed behind his back is "complying" - and we all know how well it worked out for him.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville

Exactly*** If you wanna go hands, learn how to use them.

And that to me brings a question, Is a taser used by LE a lethal threat when used with the public or a non lethal weapon when used on the public?
    I ask because LE and other folks shoot each other in taser classes every day.....

Top Bottom