• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGuy17

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I own 6 acres in Brown County, near the Johnson Co line. My question is what is the law/rules on shooting on property? I haven't built a house on the property yet. I was going to set up the "range" going downhill. No houses would be in the way nor no one around. Opinions or thoughts?

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    As long as you aren't in the Cordry/Sweetwater Conservancy District or a subdivision that forbids shooting you are good to go. So long as you are shooting in a safe manner. Still, don't be surprised to see LE show up. Too many snowflakes anymore.

IndyGuy17

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2016
    Indianapolis
    As long as you aren't in the Cordry/Sweetwater Conservancy District or a subdivision that forbids shooting you are good to go. So long as you are shooting in a safe manner. Still, don't be surprised to see LE show up. Too many snowflakes anymore.
    I figure LEO will show up lol

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I own 6 acres in Brown County, near the Johnson Co line. My question is what is the law/rules on shooting on property? I haven't built a house on the property yet. I was going to set up the "range" going downhill. No houses would be in the way nor no one around. Opinions or thoughts?
    What I did was get a bunch of used railroad ties and drilled holes big enough to run 1" rebar down through them and into the ground about 3-4'. I staggering them as well. Then I got a big dump truck load of cheap dirt mostly clay and dumped it inside to catch the bullets. Works great. Looks like a U with the dirt inside. It was wide enough for the dump truck to back into and unload.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    reading your post my only concern is using concrete for a backstop. probably not the best idea. Crushed gravel? maybe. Solid and you are asking for ricochets and other hazards. Just ask this lady about ricochet damage. She shot at the ground behind him on a store's concrete floor and still managed to hit him in the back. Oops.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nashvill...rtWz4ThzH680RfC5SbFOg9ca0odZVHDg9LnD_sinQIsYs

I'd STRONGLY suggest a more flexible and absorbent backstop material.

Good luck!

Top Bottom