Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Is it just me, or does it seem like the next panic buy is always right around the corner and things don't really normalize anymore? Maybe I was blind to it, but it seems like when I was younger things were more stable.
    INGO - too small for a republic, too large for an insane asylum.

User Info Menu

What happens if you need one tonight to protect you and or your family?
    I have been looking daily for a nice Gen-3 Glock-19 for the misses, you may find one in our classifieds, or on Gunbroker.com, or on Armslist.
    But at what cost?
    How much are YOU worth?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rob63 View Post
    Is it just me, or does it seem like the next panic buy is always right around the corner and things don't really normalize anymore? Maybe I was blind to it, but it seems like when I was younger things were more stable.
    That is reflective of the ever deepening divisions in our country.
    "2016: The year that hackers became more trusted than government or reporters."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by STEEL CORE View Post
    What happens if you need one tonight to protect you and or your family?
    I have been looking daily for a nice Gen-3 Glock-19 for the misses, you may find one in our classifieds, or on Gunbroker.com, or on Armslist.
    But at what cost?
    How much are YOU worth?
    One of the most popular handguns ever. Not likely to find a good deal on one for a looooooong time.
    Test for Echo

User Info Menu

Answer is always buy! Prices on new things arenít bad if you find a place with decent stock. Point blank is my go to for new and Indiana gun club. Used market is crazy at the moment

User Info Menu

I would feel very uncomfortable not having a firearm in the house. Actually I have many, from fun plinkers to serious rifles and pistols. Always pray I will not need them for defense, but have them if I do.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Time View Post
    This!
    I agree with NHT3 as most always.
    Nothing will normalize before Jan 20th 2021 AT LEAST and you can bet on it.

As to the other issue and please dont take this the wrong way, because I'm going to speak directly to you, but in a friend way the same as I'd speak to a real life friend or family member. I'm not questioning your manhood or anything. Please look at this with no ego and you will see it for what it is, honest advice. My opinion.

Sometimes a man needs to do what he needs to do to protect his household even if that pisses the wife off. She will get over it.
    The old saying, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission, applies here.
    It is your sacred DUTY to protect your family. Its Biblical of you believe in that. If you don't, I dont judge, but still the duty of a Man to protect his household is timeless.
    As NHT3 said, this also includes being PROPERLY trained. Not just taking a firearm to the range and plinking. Actual training from a instructor or someone who is well trained themselves and can properly convey that knowledge. Not every "operator" is an instructor. Doesn't work that way. Good Instructors are treasures, heroes, in our community. Seek them out.
    Also buying the PROPER (reliable) equipment to protect yourself and your family is paramount. Do not skimp. Cheap guns, get cheap results, and expensive funerals for their owners. Your family needs you to be around for them. Don't die because you didnt get trained and or bought a crap firearm. This is life or death. This IS that serious. Right now especially and I'm not playing. Would you refuse to buy a fore extinguisher for your kitchen and garage, and smoke detectors for your house because you have a water hose? **** no you wouldn't because that would make you a moron and I know you aren't a moron because you're on ingo and you are smart and asking for sound advice!
    Dont buy inadequate ammo or firearms or mags or training, EVER!
    Also, I highly recomend getting sound legal knowledge too on the self defense subject. Seek out someone like Guy Relford AKA "the gun guy". Kindof a big deal and a patriot. Has a radio show. Has written what are now actual LAWS in our great state regarding firearms and protections for gun owners. Look him up. Listen, and learn well. It's your freedom and bank account at stake.

Hit up NHT3 via PM and ask him his recommendations on training & a firearm. I fully trust this mans opinions

There is so much more. This is such an important conversation. But I applaud you for being a man and not being afraid to ask your questions. The only stupid questions are the ones people do not ask.
    Men tend to allow ego to get in the way when it comes to firearms. So my last piece of advice is to never be that guy. NO ONE and I mean no one, knows it all. Ask if you do not know. I will never judge someone for asking something they don't know and for seeking out knowledge.
    I was going to add a footnote to my answer but I see you have given it the whole 9 yards TT. I beat the "training" drum pretty often here but it can't be overemphasized. I'll just add my foot note and back out before I sound foolish trying to improve on what TT stated.. I read this somewhere and it's short and to the point and says it all
    . A gun is not a talisman to ward off evil spirits. It is a tool of last resort requiring proficiency and recurrent training to maintain that proficiency.
    Life's biggest regrets are the things not said and chances not taken

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NHT3 View Post
    I was going to add a footnote to my answer but I see you have given it the whole 9 yards TT. I beat the "training" drum pretty often here but it can't be overemphasized. I'll just add my foot note and back out before I sound foolish trying to improve on what TT stated.. I read this somewhere and it's short and to the point and says it all
    . A gun is not a talisman to ward off evil spirits. It is a tool of last resort requiring proficiency and recurrent training to maintain that proficiency.
    Nothing wrong with training for those who are able and interested, but there are lots of people who have successfully defended themselves with a firearm without ongoing training. I posted several examples of 70-90 year olds successfully using a firearm for self defense in another thread, and I'm pretty sure none of them are rolling around like John Wick and smacking steel plates on a regular basis. As long as someone is familiar with their chosen platform and shoots at least a couple times a year, they'll probably be ok in a self defense scenario.
    Internet...Serious Business!

Grandmaster DeadeyeChrista'sdad's Avatar

User Info Menu

Well, we would hope so. But I missed Rocky the cat food thief FIVE TIMES last night from inside twenty yards. Evidently I need to get my little pocket pea shooter out and practice with it a little bit more. Dang.
    Beto is one of "Those" people that you hope to one day be able to throat punch.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DeadeyeChrista'sdad View Post
    Well, we would hope so. But I missed Rocky the cat food thief FIVE TIMES last night from inside twenty yards. Evidently I need to get my little pocket pea shooter out and practice with it a little bit more. Dang.

Internet...Serious Business!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast