• ...and so much more!
  • Wood&Steel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2020
    Lafayette
    Hi all,

I wanted to get a gun a couple years back, but was never able to get the Mrs. onboard. Well, like a lot of people now, she's come around to seeing why it might be desirable to be able to defend one's self.

I assume there are no psychics on this forum, so perhaps this is an ignorant question to ask, but do you expect the price of guns to go down in the next several months as things start to normalize? (Assuming they do). They seem significantly higher than when I looked sometime back, which is not surprising, but I'm not sure if it's inflation or demand.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Welcome.... I think you might be a little optimistic to think things will "normalize" in the next few months. Before the riots I thought things would normalize after the virus but who can predict what is on the horizon now? Take a basic class so you will have some idea of what might suit your needs and get on a list if necessary to get one. I hope and pray that things normalize soon but I wouldn't bet a nickel on it.
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

Last edited:

rb288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2019
    Grovertown
    Well, my thoughts are these.....
    if you can afford to, buy now.
    It's better to have weapons in your hand, with ammo, now, than to wait thinking things will "normalize" and not have anything available if/when you need it.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I don't forsee prices coming down till after the election. And that's if Trump is reelected. If Biden wins, I don't think you'll even find a firearm or ammunition in store or online, in stock, for months, if not years to come

Just my :twocents:

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    I don't forsee prices coming down till after the election. And that's if Trump is reelected. If Biden wins, I don't think you'll even find a firearm or ammunition in store or online, in stock, for months, if not years to come

For the win. ;)

Brother Kaufman wins :ingo: for the day!

Post pandemic, it appeared to be easing, then riots. Now all bets are off. Second wave? (covid)+ongoing riots+ election= craziness... Buy 'em cheap-stack 'em deep. :ingo:

Keep an eye out for what you're looking for and make your purchase. There are deals to be had but getting harder to find.

Good luck!

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Hi all,

I wanted to get a gun a couple years back, but was never able to get the Mrs. onboard. Well, like a lot of people now, she's come around to seeing why it might be desirable to be able to defend one's self.

I assume there are no psychics on this forum, so perhaps this is an ignorant question to ask, but do you expect the price of guns to go down in the next several months as things start to normalize? (Assuming they do). They seem significantly higher than when I looked sometime back, which is not surprising, but I'm not sure if it's inflation or demand.

All indications tend to lean towards demand outpacing supply for a bit. I know you did not ask....but unless circumstances dictate otherwise, why not spend the money on a quality defensive tool. You will not regret it. Not to say you have to drop big coin on an awesome 1911, but you can always go used and have a quality piece with out breaking the bank. If and when you decide to make a purchase take your wife with you, and see what might work for both of you.

Good luck

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I'm gonna add that even when Trump is reelected, availability will still be scarce. I forsee more looting and rioting when he wins his second term and I'm sure the Kung Flu "second wave" will hit around that time frame in November. This will keep sales at a feverish pitch, and demand will far outweigh supply.

Buy now, especially if you can get what you're interested in!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Hi all,

6.5 Million guns sold instantly.

It is demand. Production is messed up because of Covid-19.

The price of guns will continue to rise well into 2021.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Winning.

Why wait any longer. If you do its tripping over $5 bills to pick up quarters. Do it man.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    What is your ability to defend yourself and your family worth?

It would be a hell of a feeling to need to defend your family tomorrow and not be able to because you wanted to save a few bucks.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What is your ability to defend yourself and your family worth?

It would be a hell of a feeling to need to defend your family tomorrow and not be able to because you wanted to save a few bucks.

Is this.....…..

No I will not do it. If I do I will have to ban myself.....:):

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I’m going to join in with the good folks above—buy now.

Here’s a reason you might consider—your wife might change her mind later. Sooner or later, this crap will die down and she’s going to decide she needs a new refrigerator or have her hair done or whatever and buying a new gun will go back to the back burner.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Visit your favorite gun shop and note all the empty space that was filled with guns a few months ago. Then check out their ammo inventory.......if they have any. I want to believe they are holding back ammo for customers who buy a gun but I don't know.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Hi all,

If you're a gambling man, the soonest prices will come down will be post election (providing Trump wins). This would only be on the used market though, as a lot of those people who bought guns due to civil unrest will probably sell them the second they think the coast is clear.

Otherwise, get what you need now, because it's only going to get worse from here on out. Buying season was all last year.

I think the market is going to be in rough shape until we've had a full recovery from covid, and the political landscape is more stable.
    12 million guns sold in the first 4 months of this year.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville

If Biden wins you won't be allowed to own certain types of firearms and magazines you have already purchased, maybe decades ago. California laws will be enforced nationwide.

Top Bottom