Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Question Buy Now, or Wait a Few Months?

Hi all,

I wanted to get a gun a couple years back, but was never able to get the Mrs. onboard. Well, like a lot of people now, she's come around to seeing why it might be desirable to be able to defend one's self.

I assume there are no psychics on this forum, so perhaps this is an ignorant question to ask, but do you expect the price of guns to go down in the next several months as things start to normalize? (Assuming they do). They seem significantly higher than when I looked sometime back, which is not surprising, but I'm not sure if it's inflation or demand.

User Info Menu

Welcome.... I think you might be a little optimistic to think things will "normalize" in the next few months. Before the riots I thought things would normalize after the virus but who can predict what is on the horizon now? Take a basic class so you will have some idea of what might suit your needs and get on a list if necessary to get one. I hope and pray that things normalize soon but I wouldn't bet a nickel on it.
    NRA Life Member / Basic Pistol instructor / RSO

"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard"
    Unnamed Navy Seal

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach
    Last edited by NHT3; 06-24-2020 at 10:36.
    Life's biggest regrets are the things not said and chances not taken

User Info Menu

Well, my thoughts are these.....
    if you can afford to, buy now.
    It's better to have weapons in your hand, with ammo, now, than to wait thinking things will "normalize" and not have anything available if/when you need it.

User Info Menu

I don't forsee prices coming down till after the election. And that's if Trump is reelected. If Biden wins, I don't think you'll even find a firearm or ammunition in store or online, in stock, for months, if not years to come

Just my

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by d.kaufman View Post
    I don't forsee prices coming down till after the election. And that's if Trump is reelected. If Biden wins, I don't think you'll even find a firearm or ammunition in store or online, in stock, for months, if not years to come

Just my
    For the win.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    Which is why in a post-apocalyptic world, never, ever let screenwriters have any input on security, strategery, or tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinchaser View Post
    Try and comprehend when I post here and LEARN!

Assault is a behavior, not a device.

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by d.kaufman View Post

Just my
    Quote Originally Posted by nipprdog View Post
    For the win.
    Brother Kaufman wins for the day!

Post pandemic, it appeared to be easing, then riots. Now all bets are off. Second wave? (covid)+ongoing riots+ election= craziness... Buy 'em cheap-stack 'em deep.

Keep an eye out for what you're looking for and make your purchase. There are deals to be had but getting harder to find.

Good luck!

wcd

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wood&Steel View Post
    Hi all,

I wanted to get a gun a couple years back, but was never able to get the Mrs. onboard. Well, like a lot of people now, she's come around to seeing why it might be desirable to be able to defend one's self.

I assume there are no psychics on this forum, so perhaps this is an ignorant question to ask, but do you expect the price of guns to go down in the next several months as things start to normalize? (Assuming they do). They seem significantly higher than when I looked sometime back, which is not surprising, but I'm not sure if it's inflation or demand.

All indications tend to lean towards demand outpacing supply for a bit. I know you did not ask....but unless circumstances dictate otherwise, why not spend the money on a quality defensive tool. You will not regret it. Not to say you have to drop big coin on an awesome 1911, but you can always go used and have a quality piece with out breaking the bank. If and when you decide to make a purchase take your wife with you, and see what might work for both of you.

Good luck

User Info Menu

I'm gonna add that even when Trump is reelected, availability will still be scarce. I forsee more looting and rioting when he wins his second term and I'm sure the Kung Flu "second wave" will hit around that time frame in November. This will keep sales at a feverish pitch, and demand will far outweigh supply.

Buy now, especially if you can get what you're interested in!

User Info Menu

"The best time to plant a tree is 10 years ago, the second best time is now."

►Chinese proverb
    Herman Cain had ryyyeeetttts too. Wear a damn mask.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wood&Steel View Post
    Hi all,

6.5 Million guns sold instantly.

It is demand. Production is messed up because of Covid-19.

The price of guns will continue to rise well into 2021.

Herman Cain had ryyyeeetttts too. Wear a damn mask.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast