• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rick Mason

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2019
    Lake County
    I guess current events are good for the firearms manufacturers.

Two years ago they had a glut of guns and I was able to pick up a S&W M&P Sport II for the fire-sale price of only $499.

Today I saw an ad from a major dealer with the same gun priced at "only $749, down from $799."

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Dont expect it to get any better anytime soon. Trump wins, looting and rioting continue. Gun sales outpace availability. Biden wins, sales outpace availability, and firearms banned before ya know it.

If you're not stacked deep, you're to late

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Dont expect it to get any better anytime soon. Trump wins, looting and rioting continue. Gun sales outpace availability. Biden wins, sales outpace availability, and firearms banned before ya know it.

If you're not stacked deep, you're to late

Yep. The best time to buy a new gun was yesterday.

Dutchisaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 30, 2020
    US
    Here are a few dealers cheap.

Or you can get the Portland needs bail money special.
    7df0648026db7d46114376d2044abe2c.jpg
    e023dc6388ea67a7fa418d43c7b1ed80.jpg
    d1820e3563050bbdc41e57e8e63a9ae0.jpg
    3e1d6d1945cefeb370d7eb900276be21.jpg
    ae3fc29fee7053b03380cca2dda3e0dc.jpg

rhrlaw

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 20, 2020
    Carmel
    Now that I'm in a state with convenient shooting ranges, I'd like to cycle some rounds but am hesitant to deplete my minimal (~500 rounds) ammo supply. Are stocks still low / prices high at the moment or is it at all easing up now?

ranger391xt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2019
    West Lafayette
    DS are you finding primers anywhere? I could use a few more SP primers.
    I was over at Cabelas last Monday and the only small pistol primers they had were the Federal Match ones. Had like 4 boxes. Was going to get a couple but instead settled on two bottled of Benchhmark powder.

Was down in Missouri later in the week and there were no small pistol primers to be found at two different Academy Sports stores I stopped at.

Was in a small shop on Sunday and he had plenty of small rifle, large rifle, etc. Only small pistol he had was the Federal Match as well. Also had some CCi small pistol Magnum.

On Monday, Bass Pros website showed stock on CCI Small Pistol primers, so I ordered 5000. Not expected to ship until second week of July, and with tax and Hazmat the cost was almost $200. That is probably a bit more than I would have paid for the Federal Match primers, but I prefer the CCI if I can get them.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I was over at Cabelas last Monday and the only small pistol primers they had were the Federal Match ones. Had like 4 boxes. Was going to get a couple but instead settled on two bottled of Benchhmark powder.

Was down in Missouri later in the week and there were no small pistol primers to be found at two different Academy Sports stores I stopped at.

Was in a small shop on Sunday and he had plenty of small rifle, large rifle, etc. Only small pistol he had was the Federal Match as well. Also had some CCi small pistol Magnum.

On Monday, Bass Pros website showed stock on CCI Small Pistol primers, so I ordered 5000. Not expected to ship until second week of July, and with tax and Hazmat the cost was almost $200. That is probably a bit more than I would have paid for the Federal Match primers, but I prefer the CCI if I can get them.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Thanks. Federal Match is usually what I use. Wonder if it would be worth a trip tomorrow? I have to pick up my wife from the Indy airport and though it's WAY out of my way coming from Bloomington, it's only time.:)

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Paid a little over 9 bucks a box for ball .223.
    Just to rough zero, before final zero of the Hornady Varmint 55 gr.
    Trying to zap some chucks before beans too tall.

Stupid price, but when ya need it ya need it. The Hornady stuff was not cheap, but its just for hunting.
    Now watch me find the mother lode of groundhogs LOL

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Its a presidential election year. Combine a 100 year pandemic leading to the effective shutdown of over half the national economy with social unrest across most cities and, well, demand outstrips supply.

2017-2019 were great for availability of 'cheap' rifles, pistols, ammunition and components...buy cheap stack deep, etc.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I was looking at the SS109 rounds at SGAmmo for $400. I didn't want to but I went ahead and ordered some. I don't think it will be cheaper any time soon.

Top Bottom