• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vincess

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 14, 2017
    Indy
    Sorry if this is the wrong spot for this MOD's.
    Just wondering if anyone's been to Cabela's since the "end of times", and if re-stocking has begun? In particular typical handgun ammo, 9mm, .380, as well as firearms?

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Cabela’s is in the same boat as most of the LGS options. Limited to no stock of anything popular.

I went to Cabela's a few days ago, and it was actually depressing. Zero shelf space taken up by handgun ammo. No 5.56 or .223. Surprisingly I did see some .22 there. Used guns seemed to be in fairly normal stock. New guns, OMG. I'd say the guns they had only filled 1/3 the shelf space. The whole firearms department seemed to take up less than half the floor space as usual. I have plenty of ammo for the guns I own having learned from the 2013 shortages (I could always use more 5.56/.223 though). But it was just depressing to see the emptiness.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I went to Cabela's a few days ago, and it was actually depressing. Zero shelf space taken up by handgun ammo. No 5.56 or .223. Surprisingly I did see some .22 there. Used guns seemed to be in fairly normal stock. New guns, OMG. I'd say the guns they had only filled 1/3 the shelf space. The whole firearms department seemed to take up less than half the floor space as usual. I have plenty of ammo for the guns I own having learned from the 2013 shortages (I could always use more 5.56/.223 though). But it was just depressing to see the emptiness.
    We were up that way weekend before last I think. If you were looking for .41 or .44 magnum there were some choices.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis

It was a lot of empty space last Friday too.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    If you were looking for .41 or .44 magnum there were some choices.

And it's only a matter of time before all of that is gone too, and probably for quite some time. The manufacturers aren't going to take a line down to change over the tooling to make their occasional runs of the less common calibers. They are going to stay online producing the more common calibers and will still sell everything they can possibly make. Once whatever is in the supply chain is drained, the majority of the less common stuff won't be coming back.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Hit my Cabelas today (Hammond) on my lunch break. Was shocked to see, I'm Guessing, 10k rounds Herters 9mm. Limit 300 rounds. $9.99 per box of 50. Made 2 trips in to get a total of 600 rounds

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Hit my Cabelas today (Hammond) on my lunch break. Was shocked to see, I'm Guessing, 10k rounds Herters 9mm. Limit 300 rounds. $9.99 per box of 50. Made 2 trips in to get a total of 600 rounds

00606_1Uqocgp5uLB_09W0eL_1200x900.jpg

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Got the go ahead a few months back to get a new 9mm but held off because 9mm ammo was not to be found; at a reasonable price. Once the shelves get filled, I may reconsider a new handgun.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Got the go ahead a few months back to get a new 9mm but held off because 9mm ammo was not to be found; at a reasonable price. Once the shelves get filled, I may reconsider a new handgun.

Well do not hold your breath on this one my friend.
    In these insane times to look at things in that way just means you will not have those things.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    I was at Bass Pro last Saturday up by Michigan City just off I94.. New guns were very light. Hand guns as well. Ammo...handgun ammo non-existent.Bare shelves. Lots of shotgun shells though and some 22LR and 22Mag and .17HMR. So very sad.

Top Bottom