What will you do when the riot reaches your neighborhood?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cryppie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2020
    US
    If they are not armed you can't shoot them, and the people on the front lines are never armed. Less than lethal? They rush your property, what do you do?

Cryppie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2020
    US
    Let them destroy everything outside? Molotov cocktails hitting the outside of your house? What if their motive isn't to kill you or your family but destroy everything in their path?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    IC 35-41-3-2

(c) A person is justified in using reasonable force against any other person to protect the person or a third person from what the person reasonably believes to be the imminent use of unlawful force.  However, a person:

(1) is justified in using deadly force;  and

(2) does not have a duty to retreat;

if the person reasonably believes that that force is necessary to prevent serious bodily injury to the person or a third person or the commission of a forcible felony.  No person in this state shall be placed in legal jeopardy of any kind whatsoever for protecting the person or a third person by reasonable means necessary.

Why do they have to be armed again? I live far enough out of town, I don't expect to ever see it in my area.

Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana
    Yeah, for me living alone and all, I will protect my castle with all my 2A rights but there will come a time when I have to go to work and my castle will be defenseless. You know those rioters don’t have a job and will just take advantage of me during my working hours. If does get truly bad, I’ll just call in sick and stay ever vigil, and locked and loaded with plenty of mags.

oh well, I guess that’s why I pay for insurance. I doubt the alarm will be of any use. The police wouldn’t do anything anyways to them or they would face persecution.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Let them destroy everything outside? Molotov cocktails hitting the outside of your house? What if their motive isn't to kill you or your family but destroy everything in their path?

Your original post assumed the rioters weren't armed. A molotov cocktail, to me, is a weapon. My life and my family is now in immediate danger so, game on.

Cryppie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2020
    US
    IC 35-41-3-2

(c) A person is justified in using reasonable force against any other person to protect the person or a third person from what the person reasonably believes to be the imminent use of unlawful force.  However, a person:

(1) is justified in using deadly force;  and

(2) does not have a duty to retreat;

if the person reasonably believes that that force is necessary to prevent serious bodily injury to the person or a third person or the commission of a forcible felony.  No person in this state shall be placed in legal jeopardy of any kind whatsoever for protecting the person or a third person by reasonable means necessary.

Why do they have to be armed again? I live far enough out of town, I don't expect to ever see it in my area.

Many do not live far out of town. Justification doesn't work for a mob. Maybe 5 out of the entire crowd are committing the felonies; you can't open fire on the group.

I thought about this last night and am truly at a loss of what I would do. I believe if things get worse, this is what we will see and no amount of firearms will help.

Cryppie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2020
    US
    Your original post assumed the rioters weren't armed. A molotov cocktail, to me, is a weapon. My life and my family is now in immediate danger so, game on.
    5 out of 200. You going to pick them off somehow?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Many do not live far out of town. Justification doesn't work for a mob. Maybe 5 out of the entire crowd are committing the felonies; you can't open fire on the group.

I thought about this last night and am truly at a loss of what I would do. I believe if things get worse, this is what we will see and no amount of firearms will help.

I thought hard about this, and if I am not mistaken, if you are with someone who commits a felony, you to usually can and will stand charged even if you had no intent on committing said felony. So with a mob, if some escalate to felony that others are exercising their first amendment rights, at what point are the honest protesters now felons if they allow the felony to be committed?

Last edited:

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus

A rock, brick or a stick is a weapon also. Yes, GAME ON! :ar15:

Backpacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood
    I truly hope it never comes to my neighborhood. I would have to consider that my bullets may endanger my neighbors across the street or backyard. Collateral damage would be hard to live with. Protecting my wife would be the main focus.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Not a lawyer. Not legal advice.

I believe that is where disparity of force comes into play. The aggressor does not necessarily need to be armed for the defender to use deadly force.

Even 2 unarmed males attacking one male is a scenario where the single male will be in jeopardy of being seriously injured / killed.

I believe it also comes into play if there is a "significant" size difference between males, or an average male versus an average female. The average female , or smaller male, is in danger of serious injury or death.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/disparity-of-force/

"However, sometimes a significant disparity in the strength or fighting ability between the parties is accepted as a substitute weapon."

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    5 out of 200. You going to pick them off somehow?

OK new guy lets settle down. If you are intending to stir up this mob I will close the thread. There has been enough anxiety.

Know this........nothing changes your well laid out plans for a fight FASTER THAN GETTING HIT IN THE FACE. At that moment everything is off the table and the real fight is on. Not the one you worked out in your mind.

Nothing scatters the roaches faster than a blazing hot light. Same with return fire.

If it gets that bad as you are describing it will be a straight up war.

Now lets all remain civil and calm.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    If they are not armed you can't shoot them, and the people on the front lines are never armed. Less than lethal? They rush your property, what do you do?

Are you an ANTIFA member or some insurrectionist trying to get the feel of the 2nd Amendment crowd? I have to ask because that's what it looks like your doing to me.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
    They are going to lost and worn out by the time they get this far back in the woods.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Pretty much sums up my area. If they are out this far they probably have evil intentions.[/FONT]

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    While you all wasted your time on firearms, I studied the radio.

aircrafts_military_a_10_thunderbolt_ii_desktop_wallpaper-1400x1050.jpg

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    This would be similar to disciplining children. You pick one that is acting up (threatening your life) and make an example of them. The rest will fall into line...

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    I’m in a 360 sq mile county with 8000 people in it, patrolled by 2-3 sheriff at any given time.
    Closest city is 25mi. around 30,000.
    I’ve got a backhoe.
    ‘what was your question?

Top Bottom