Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Another Buyer Beware Do Not Become a Victim Like Me.

I just want to put this out to you all and pass along to friends and acquaintances. I cannot be anymore serious about this than I am.I'm embarrassed to admit this,but if it saves someone else it is worth the embarrassment. I just got scammed for $1070.00 on ArmsList 3-days ago. If you think it cannot happen to you...you are WRONG.I have been doing on-line gun deals on GB for 20 years. Thought I could spot a scammer a mile away. This was my first experience EVER buying on ArmsList and it will be my last. The women/thief/scum-bag was from New Jersey (so they said).Everything she presented(ID etc...) appeared super legitimate and the price of the rifle as not super low or anything to send up a red flag. I have alerted ArmsList but they will and can do nothing. Just wanted to pass this along. STAY AWAY FROM ARMSLIST!!!!! Don't care what they have. Get it somewhere else.
    " YOU SERIOUS CLARK ? "

User Info Menu

That blows, Winamac. Seriously feel for you bud. What pay method was used?

And if others have experience, what is the most safe payment tool (besides ftf transactions, obviously)?

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear you got taken.

I only use Armslist for local FTF transactions.

If I cant find what I'm looking for local then I'll only deal with reputable online dealers

I do wish Armslist could put a feedback system like Ingo, Ebay, Gunbroker, etc has. It would help with vetting people that much easier.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by d.kaufman View Post
    Sorry to hear you got taken.

I only use Armslist for local FTF transactions.

If I cant find what I'm looking for local then I'll only deal with reputable online dealers

I do wish Armslist could put a feedback system like Ingo, Ebay, Gunbroker, etc has. It would help with vetting people that much easier.
    this and at a safe location
    You canít fix stupid

User Info Menu

The scammers are getting much better at their craft.
    I used to post on how to spot a scammer, then thought the scammers can read those same posts.
    I routinely flag what I know are scams on armslist, it takes several people to flag a scam to get the post removed from armslist.
    Test for Echo

User Info Menu

Never tried Armslist, and never will. Just heard and seen too much sketchiness. Won't use craigslist for the same reasons. Sorry to hear this happened to you Winamac!

User Info Menu

Armslist is inundated with scammers. Fortunately you can spot 90% of them with a few red flags:

Anytime you see a price way too low you can assume it's fake. And its a scam if the info is obviously copy/pasted from gunbroker or manufacturers website.

If they have something collectible at a price that may seem too good to be true...and an out of state area code, it's a scam.

And another subtle red flag is if they have just registered to Armslist that same day and the location is "Indiana, Indiana" it's most definitely a scam.

sauce will thicken upon standing

Plinker

User Info Menu

Dam sorry to hear about that. It is getting so bad with scams and thieves out there, that if I cant find something locally I'll just wait till I can. Again sorry to hear about this.

User Info Menu

What's the username / email of the person that scammed you?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by J Galt View Post
    What's the username / email of the person that scammed you?
    Plus a link to the ad. Another forum has a scammer thread they post info like this in. Call these people out.

Sorry you took that hit OP!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast