• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I'm not sure why so many were so butt hurt the first time Colt concentrated on Military sales. There are better choices for ARs out there. Other than feel good historics by someone wanting that name. But to each their own

mr_camera_man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Lake co.
    I couldn't contain my laughter a few days ago when I got an email from PSA with 6920's for $1600. The pony is worth a little bit of a premium, but not THAT much. I can't imagine needing one that badly, but then again I was fortunate enough to take advantage of the good times and bought another AR and a Mini 14 when they were cheap.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I couldn't contain my laughter a few days ago when I got an email from PSA with 6920's for $1600. The pony is worth a little bit of a premium, but not THAT much. I can't imagine needing one that badly, but then again I was fortunate enough to take advantage of the good times and bought another AR and a Mini 14 when they were cheap.

I remember the 750 dollar 6920 from 3 years ago. They were barely worth it then. A silly carbine gas, high deck lower, garbage trigger, garbage furniture, mediocre build quality...

I feel the same about their 1911s.

Nickbau5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2020
    Brownsburg
    lol, Colt tried to make a big moral statement and realized their market doesn't care, then they realized that the only people that would miss them are the few still clinging onto "MUH COLT AR IS DA BEST OUT DER, AIN'T NO OTHER MAKER MAKES EM BETTER, DEY MADE DEM IN VIET-NAAAAAAAAM AND IT'S JUSSASGUD AS THEN" (I actually heard this argument from a person), because people are stuck in the years before the wide availability of better parts at better prices. Colt is overprices and there's almost no reason to chose them over a cheaper maker, and use the money saved for ammo and accessories. There's no real reason the average person should be paying more than $600-700 for an AR. This isn't even mentioning the people that price gouge "MUH ULTRA RARE COLT AR" because they think the pony automatically makes their basic AR with a picatinny gas block double the price, or the fact that they view guns as "investment" instead of a hobby/right.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    lol, Colt tried to make a big moral statement and realized their market doesn't care, then they realized that the only people that would miss them are the few still clinging onto "MUH COLT AR IS DA BEST OUT DER, AIN'T NO OTHER MAKER MAKES EM BETTER, DEY MADE DEM IN VIET-NAAAAAAAAM AND IT'S JUSSASGUD AS THEN" (I actually heard this argument from a person), because people are stuck in the years before the wide availability of better parts at better prices. Colt is overprices and there's almost no reason to chose them over a cheaper maker, and use the money saved for ammo and accessories. There's no real reason the average person should be paying more than $600-700 for an AR. This isn't even mentioning the people that price gouge "MUH ULTRA RARE COLT AR" because they think the pony automatically makes their basic AR with a picatinny gas block double the price, or the fact that they view guns as "investment" instead of a hobby/right.

This pretty much covers it for me.
    I know a few people that swear by their Colt AR's and some older cats that still carry 70 series Colt 1911's. Those guns have been and still are rock solid reliable but no more so than my Springers and the AR's that I have. And for G.D. sure not paying that money to a bunch of over paid mis-managing morons that have rode that Horse into the ground.

My head still spins over what a snake gun is getting.....:dunno:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Keep your Colt. I’ll do just fine with what got. No thanks anyway.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So they dropped out of the market because they couldn't sell guns and still make money. Now they are back and able to sell them, or at least think they can, and make a profit. That is simply outrageous. I am going to stamp my foot over this.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    They can keep their current offerings as their personal suppositories imho. Havnt been impressed with them in over 25yrs.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    25 years ago there wasn't much to be impressed about, the guns they are making now are pretty nice.

I was really impressed with my Government Pocketlite 380 and my Series 70 1911. They were my intro into the gun world. I wish I still had them both. The guns they are making now cant hold a candle to them. Their new snake guns are shameful and their 1911s arent any better than some RIA offerings. I have a friend that purchased a GCNM for his dad for a Christmas gift a few years back and have to say it was very disappointing fit and fitment to his dad which has been a Colt collector since I was born. Please enlighten me to the pretty nice offerings they are producing now so I can check them out.

Top Bottom