• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Riots with dangerous people roaming the streets has created a lot of fear in the general public. This is not to forget that Chicago has unfortunately become a shooting gallery with human targets. Very sad indeed!

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Hypocrisy and tunnel vision rain supreme in almost all the Chicago area gun owners I know. Most of them suffer from TDS and will vote Democrat as many times as they can get away with the day after their neighborhood gets ransacked and the looters set free.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Hypocrisy and tunnel vision rain supreme in almost all the Chicago area gun owners I know. Most of them suffer from TDS and will vote Democrat as many times as they can get away with the day after their neighborhood gets ransacked and the looters set free.

You are correct! I was from east central Illinois before I moved here this March. I am still on the board of directors of Guns Save Life https://www.gunssavelife.com/ and we have monthly meetings in Chicago among other locations. Many of the people that attend the Chicago area meetings are quite paranoid about even coming to the meetings. The "Gun News" we publish every month includes pictures of attendees and winners of our gun a month drawing. Some people from the Chicago area refuse to have their pictures taken so no one will know they were there. Jim.

Xrage

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2014
    NWI
    There might be a huge increase in applications, but there isn't a huge increase in gun owners in Illinios. My stepdad lives in Cook County Illinois. I filled out the FOID application for him over 3 months ago before everything even went crazy and his application is still in "processing" status. He has a clean record so there's no reason for a delay. Illinois is playing games and NOT processing these applications.

White Squirrel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2016
    Evansville
    This title and article are very misleading. I believe a FOID card in Illinois is required to buy a gun or ammo. However that is not the same as a carry permit. Carry permits are a completely separate process.

Rick Mason

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2019
    Lake County
    This title and article are very misleading. I believe a FOID card in Illinois is required to buy a gun or ammo. However that is not the same as a carry permit. Carry permits are a completely separate process.

I am not quite sure what is "misleading" about this...

The Chicago Tribune reported last week that, “…more than 40,000 Illinoisans applied for a gun permit in a little more than two weeks this month, more than 500% over this time last year, according to Illinois State Police.” Applications for the state’s Firearm Owner’s Identification Card (FOID) from June 1 to 17 also increased by 501 percent when compared to the same period last year.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It's beginning to look like the left has finally succeeded in proving their position on firearms to be asinine.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I am wanting to get my permit here in Indy, how much does it cost?

Effective July 1, 2020 the five year license to carry a handgun (LTCH) will become fee exempt, per IC 35-47-2-4. The five year and lifetime LTCH may be applied for and held concurrently.

https://www.in.gov/isp/firearms.htm

I'm sure the State will get you for a few dollars, but it should be low cost.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Top Bottom