Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Longtime liberal friend wants to buy a gun now.

She came over a few days ago and shocked me with these opening words. "I need to get a gun to protect myself"
    I about fell to the ground. She is a hard core liberal who has hated firearms for as long as I've known her. Going on 24 years now.
    She wanted to see the different types of handguns and she fell in love with my Ruger LCRX 38 Spl.
    I told her she needs to get the new free 5 year permit started. I helped her as she filled the information out online. She requested my help Tomorrow selecting a new revolver and getting her finger printing done and information sent in.

Here is the biggest surprise of all. She said she is starting to see what I've been going on about all these years, and Trump wasn't as bad as she thought he was.
    I was shocked yet again.
    She doesn't like all this lawlessness that the Democrat party is embracing. I really hope she is waking up enough to vote out the Democrats come November.

I thought I would share this with INGO. It kind of uplifted my spirits, and I hope it does yours as well. Maybe a lot more liberals are doing the same around the country. I sure hope so.
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

User Info Menu

Its a trap.
    Liberals feel, they do not think.
    Any having the lightbulb come on now are a joke.
    Simply operating out of fear, not logic, and attempting self preservation.

The rules still dont apply to peasants like you and me.

The elite can say and do whatever.

Personally, I have no liberal friends. And any associates that have liberal leanings can reap what theyve sown

User Info Menu

Hopefully she has a lot of friends doing the same thing. Reality can be a ***** when it becomes impossible to ignore.
    There's lots of ________ on here who don't fit your particular stereotype, smearing us with goofball sophistry is what is out of line. It just makes gunowners look like *******s.

- CarmelHP

User Info Menu

If she buys a gun, she will blame evil conservatives for forcing her.

Just wait for it.

They never learn and its always your fault.

User Info Menu

Tomorrow I'm taking a new shooter out for a second time.
    2 weeks ago, we went over safety. Shot 3 revolvers, and 3 semis. Went over the basics on each.

I stayed away from politics.
    I'd rather they come to their own conclusions, and I'd like to keep firearms separate from politics.
    I know. That's difficult. But I don't want to alienate someone who is already shifting viewpoints. They'll come around.

And to you for what you're doing.
    Una salus victis nullam sperare salute.
    The only hope for the doomed, is no hope at all
    Virgil

I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast;
    for I intend to go in harm's way.
    John Paul Jones

A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs.
    Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

User Info Menu

This topic is hard for me. On one hand I really want to be helpful and help guide them into the light.

On the other I REALLY want to say "F*** YOU! You've been against us all these years. You have mocked me and my friends, fought against me, and voted for those who tried to make me lose the ability to own a gun. You dont get to fight against this right all this time and then suddenly change your tune when you think it suits you. NO! NO GUNS FOR YOU!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere KellyinAvon's Avatar

User Info Menu

For every story we hear about, there are 100, maybe 1,000 more. We (those who owned guns before the hoarding of toilet paper) have to take a page from DadSmith's playbook.
    INGOer #25,448

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post
    This topic is hard for me. On one hand I really want to be helpful and help guide them into the light.

On the other I REALLY want to say "F*** YOU! You've been against us all these years. You have mocked me and my friends, fought against me, and voted for those who tried to make me lose the ability to own a gun. You dont get to fight against this right all this time and then suddenly change your tune when you think it suits you. NO! NO GUNS FOR YOU!"
    I understand what you're saying...BUT..
    Do you want to revel in being right, and risk losing the "fight"?
    Or do you want to turn an opponent into an ally?
    Una salus victis nullam sperare salute.
    The only hope for the doomed, is no hope at all
    Virgil

I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast;
    for I intend to go in harm's way.
    John Paul Jones

A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs.
    Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere KellyinAvon's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post

I know it sucks but we gotta take the high road.

Can't be:

INGOer #25,448

User Info Menu

Inform on how to dial 911 then laugh and laugh.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast