• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rick Mason

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2019
    Lake County
    Just received this for a 4th of July sales promotion from a company we all know. Not quite impressed with the bargain they are offering for the holiday. :):

106493626_10218750246402035_7838542112581263162_n.jpg

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Well first off, there's an American flag. It doesnt get anymore patriotic than that on our day of Independence.
    Just like the great founders wrote, just prior to putting pen to paper and drafting our constitution, "mark it up $10 and call it a sale".
    Just buy the damn gun or the terrorist win.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Sounds like the sale I saw walmart run. Sale price of $54.99 on a $39.99 product. And the idiots left the regular price tag on the peg hook. SMH.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Sounds like the sale I saw walmart run. Sale price of $54.99 on a $39.99 product. And the idiots left the regular price tag on the peg hook. SMH.

Idiots left the tag up? Maybe the clerk is the good guy letting customers know idiotic corporate actions. Some people are just in it for a paycheck and don't like the corporate overlords any more than the customers.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Idiots left the tag up? Maybe the clerk is the good guy letting customers know idiotic corporate actions. Some people are just in it for a paycheck and don't like the corporate overlords any more than the customers.

Occam's razor points at lazy. Walk up. clip the sale tag on, walk away.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Meijer has been doing stuff like this recently - but on the same tag.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Occam's razor points at lazy. Walk up. clip the sale tag on, walk away.

LOL not gonna argue that. I like to leave room for hope. Don't expect it, but leave room for it.

Also, while my family may be die hard liberal voting city folk, my mom raised me to read the tags since I could read. even when she was in HS (late 60s/early 70s ish) they were doing similar (but not as bad): product not selling at $5/ea so put a sign up 2/$10 and it flies off the shelf. or maybe it was as bad, she is one of those people that always makes things sound nicer in the story unlike most of us.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    LOL not gonna argue that. I like to leave room for hope. Don't expect it, but leave room for it.

Also, while my family may be die hard liberal voting city folk, my mom raised me to read the tags since I could read. even when she was in HS (late 60s/early 70s ish) they were doing similar (but not as bad): product not selling at $5/ea so put a sign up 2/$10 and it flies off the shelf. or maybe it was as bad, she is one of those people that always makes things sound nicer in the story unlike most of us.

Yep. And why would they need to read the tag? Why would a sale price be higher than regular? That would be silly and isnt supposed to happen, so why waste the energy checking for things that should not be?

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Yep. And why would they need to read the tag? Why would a sale price be higher than regular? That would be silly and isnt supposed to happen, so why waste the energy checking for things that should not be?

We both know quite well that what couldawouldashoulda often is not. Hope but do not expect.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Having worked in retail, I've seen some tricks, such as sellers bumping up the price of an item for a period before it goes on "sale", and then selling it for close to the original price or higher.

Also, when buying in bulk, compare the price per oz. Sometimes more is not always better.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom