Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Info Menu

Not sure on the concept of "sale"

Just received this for a 4th of July sales promotion from a company we all know. Not quite impressed with the bargain they are offering for the holiday.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Well first off, there's an American flag. It doesnt get anymore patriotic than that on our day of Independence.
    Just like the great founders wrote, just prior to putting pen to paper and drafting our constitution, "mark it up $10 and call it a sale".
    Just buy the damn gun or the terrorist win.

User Info Menu

Sounds like the sale I saw walmart run. Sale price of $54.99 on a $39.99 product. And the idiots left the regular price tag on the peg hook. SMH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

User Info Menu

At that price, I'll buy 2!
    The defecation is about to hit the oscillation.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post
    Sounds like the sale I saw walmart run. Sale price of $54.99 on a $39.99 product. And the idiots left the regular price tag on the peg hook. SMH.
    Idiots left the tag up? Maybe the clerk is the good guy letting customers know idiotic corporate actions. Some people are just in it for a paycheck and don't like the corporate overlords any more than the customers.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by russc2542 View Post
    Idiots left the tag up? Maybe the clerk is the good guy letting customers know idiotic corporate actions. Some people are just in it for a paycheck and don't like the corporate overlords any more than the customers.
    Occam's razor points at lazy. Walk up. clip the sale tag on, walk away.

User Info Menu

Meijer has been doing stuff like this recently - but on the same tag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post
    Occam's razor points at lazy. Walk up. clip the sale tag on, walk away.
    LOL not gonna argue that. I like to leave room for hope. Don't expect it, but leave room for it.

Also, while my family may be die hard liberal voting city folk, my mom raised me to read the tags since I could read. even when she was in HS (late 60s/early 70s ish) they were doing similar (but not as bad): product not selling at $5/ea so put a sign up 2/$10 and it flies off the shelf. or maybe it was as bad, she is one of those people that always makes things sound nicer in the story unlike most of us.

User Info Menu

LOL not gonna argue that. I like to leave room for hope. Don't expect it, but leave room for it.

Also, while my family may be die hard liberal voting city folk, my mom raised me to read the tags since I could read. even when she was in HS (late 60s/early 70s ish) they were doing similar (but not as bad): product not selling at $5/ea so put a sign up 2/$10 and it flies off the shelf. or maybe it was as bad, she is one of those people that always makes things sound nicer in the story unlike most of us.
    Yep. And why would they need to read the tag? Why would a sale price be higher than regular? That would be silly and isnt supposed to happen, so why waste the energy checking for things that should not be?

User Info Menu

Una salus victis nullam sperare salute.
    The only hope for the doomed, is no hope at all
    Virgil

I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast;
    for I intend to go in harm's way.
    John Paul Jones

A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs.
    Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast