• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just heard about this. Another show! Yay! :rockwoot: Hope I can make it.

Bartholomew County Fairgrounds
    Sat. 7/11 9 to 5, Dun, 7/12 9 to 3
    Free parking, air conditioned
    $6, 12 & under free

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm not sure I'm going to be able to make it. Really need to do some work on my boat to get it ready for camping in a couple of weeks. Saturday and Sunday are going to be the first days it hasn't been blazing hot, so I should probably take advantage of it.

Oldgunfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2018
    GPS signal lost
    Took my brother to his first gun show and unfortunately he wasn't impressed. I don't blame him. How would you feel if there was a negligent discharge at your first gun show?

Stupid vendor had a loaded gun out on the table. Poor customer almost shoot his friend. Thankfully he had it pointed at the floor when he tried the trigger...

Lesson reinforced: the gun is always loaded.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Took my brother to his first gun show and unfortunately he wasn't impressed. I don't blame him. How would you feel if there was a negligent discharge at your first gun show?

Stupid vendor had a loaded gun out on the table. Poor customer almost shoot his friend. Thankfully he had it pointed at the floor when he tried the trigger...

Wow! Glad nobody was hurt, but damn... that's just stupid. :facepalm:

Cracker

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 10, 2020
    Hanover

Jesus! Somebody oughta punch that dude in the head.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Well I guess my motorcycle had a hunch as it did not take me over there today.
    Let's see the possibilities:
    1. the vendor did not check every gun before setting it/them out.
    2. the vendor handed the gun to the patron without checking the firearm.
    3. the patron did not do his own camber check before pulling the trigger.
    Thank goodness the barrel was wasn't pointed across the room when it went off.
    Conspiracy theory: Anti2A infiltrator planted the bullet when no one was looking.
    Hmm to go tomorrow or not......

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    206   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    How was the ammo supply, well other than bouncing off the floor? Was it worth the trip?
    Saw several cases of 9mm from $350 per K to $400 per. Didn't really look at 5.56 or 7.62x39 as I have a few set back. Glocks have taken a tumble from $700-$800 at the Stout Field show to regular gun show pricing- $450+ for used 40 S&W.
    ARs seem to start at $600 for Delton and other entry level rifles and go up from there.
    Lots of nice Colts and Smith pistols though. Did see a 99.9% blued pinned barrel Smith Model 15 in the blue box for IIRC 750.
    Guy sold a minty Howa Armalite 180 with the Metric marked Armalite 2.75x scope that I was lusting for.
    Saw very few AR parts. One or two lowers. No uppers or lower parts kits.

Would pay $6 to go again

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Guess I'll sit this one out. The main things I was after don't seem to be doing well this round. Was hoping to pick up a lower or two with a few LPK, some .22 and 9mm. I know it will never go back to the $9.99 box of 100 days, but I can't bring myself to pay 5.56 prices for a case of 9mm. I'd probably be better off staying home and cleaning up all my reloading stuff and getting it in working order again.

Top Bottom